Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Prince of Persia

Franchise »

Prince of Persia is an action adventure series created by Jordan Mechner in the late eighties. The original was a beloved 2D platformer, while the series' later incarnation in The Sands of Time set the bar for modern platforming and continues to influence games a decade later.

Prince of Persia Continuity

pelletboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By pelletboy

Nyone know if the PS2 Prince of Persia Series shares the same timeline and universe as the NES games and PS3 game? If not, what are their which among the titles share the same universe and which don't?

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By mosespippy

As far as I know the original trilogy isn't connected to the second trilogy and neither is related to the PS3 game.

danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By danielkempster

Funnily enough, I've just picked up Prince of Persia: Warrior Within on PS2!

I can't comment on the NES games, as I've never played them. The three PS2 games (The Sands of Time, Warrior Within and The Two Thrones) are all centred on the same Prince character and the same universe, and I'm pretty sure the most recent PoP game (I think it's called The Forgotten Sands) is also part of that timeline. As far as I'm aware, the 2008 reboot is a completely different imagining of the concept, with a different Prince and set in a different universe. That's my understanding of the franchise, anyway.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

I am pretty sure the second trilogy was a reboot (there was also a terrible Prince of Persia 3D between them).

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By NTM
    jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

@NTM said:

and the 2008 release of Prince of Persia is on its own.

Should I just give up on them making a sequel to that game? I really want to know what will happen.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By NTM

@wasteguru: I personally wouldn't know. I didn't play the game. Actually, I only just played it a few days ago when I was trying games out on OnLive. You probably won't get a sequel unless more people want it, and if you don't speak up about it more then it probably won't come. They make it if people want it.

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By phrosnite

As far as I"m concerned there are only 3 PoP games and they came out in 2003, 2004 and 2005.

pelletboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By pelletboy

What about the Prince of Persia graphic novel? I think I read that it links up the PS2 Prince of Persia series with the original series? If this is so, is it official?

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By Brendan

Sadface for a lack of a PoP 08 sequal.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.