Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Prince of Persia

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Dec 02, 2008

A 2008 entry into the Prince of Persia franchise titled simply "Prince of Persia", this game stars an all-new Prince as he teams up with the mysterious Elika to fight Ahriman and cleanse the world of his corruption.

Buy or Rent?

scumble373

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By scumble373

Prince of persia seems like it is a once play through and done kind of game, no multi-player and, from what I heard, a pretty short single player. Is it worth buying?

godemperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By godemperor

i would say, rent it, the game is about 9 hours, but its really easy(which i like, but others may disagree), and to me at least, it has little replay value.

splitscreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By splitscreen

man i agree with you the game is very short to play and for me the game is fun to play and worth playing even jus once 

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Rowr

a good rental, although you could spend some time getting acheivements etc.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Jayge_

I always say "buy" because I always buy, but for most people this would be a rent.

Although it's a very good game to have as a part of your collection.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I just rented the game like a week ago, and while I was a little disappointed by some of the repetition of the gameplay at first, I've since grown to totally love this game. It's not perfect, the controls can occasionally be frustrating, but all in all, man, this is definitely one of the best games I've played all year. Gamestop.com was selling it for like $40 when I checked earlier this week, which is a total steal if you ask me, especially considering it just came out. If I owned it, I'd definitely give it a second playthrough, mainly just because it's good enough to play again and there are quite a few achievements that I could get the second time around.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By pause422

Definitely a rent imo, its short, and really no replayability after the first run through. But it would be a satisfying rental.

hungrynun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By hungrynun
    Jayge said:
    "Although it's a very good game to have as a part of your collection."
    This is true.

Unfortunately with money being a little tighter this year. I just recently rented this gem. Sorry Ubisoft.
    Win

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Win

As much as I loved the game, I would say rent.

Gameboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Gameboi

Other than the combat getting on my nerves every so often, the game is definitely a buy. I have no regrets about my purchase.

Conspiracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Conspiracy

I say rent. In my opinion, only games that have multiplayer are buyable. Rent games that look good but only have a single player story.Once you're done with Prince of Persia, you'll just turn around and sell it (probably) and will lose money on that deal.

Vote: Rent.

StickyMicky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By StickyMicky

this is now £17.99 to buy from play.com uk website

buy it, finish it in a day and trade it in, and you should get around £20-25 quid trade in!

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By maxszy

I think it really matters on your play style. Someone who blows through games it would probably be a rent. If you take a little bit more time and enjoy playing through a game twice as long as you enjoyed it, this would be a buy for sure. Not sure if it is still going on, but I have seen a couple retailers selling it for 40 bucks. IF they are still doing that, buy for sure.

I own it, haven't beat it yet but it isn't THAT short. But then I end up taking more time than some. To me at my current rate, probably about 13-14 hours or so. Which in today's games, I feel is a good amount and well worth a purchase. Especially if you enjoy it and will play it again later on down the road.

Optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14  Edited By Optiow

Rent

dudacles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#15  Edited By dudacles

Lol, you can't even rent games anymore where I live. Some national association shut the trade down. >_>

Thrawn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Thrawn1

buy this game. first of all, it does have replayability, especially if you've invested into the story and characters enough. secondly, "ubimont" deserves the money. I've read dissapointing things about the sales numbers for this game, which limits their resources for the sequel and even diminishes the chances of the sequel happening. finally, there will be significant dlc for this game, dlc that will make owning a copy worth it. the supposed dlc will be in the form of addition to the story, as well as adding new attacks and a boss or two.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.