Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Prince of Persia

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Dec 02, 2008

A 2008 entry into the Prince of Persia franchise titled simply "Prince of Persia", this game stars an all-new Prince as he teams up with the mysterious Elika to fight Ahriman and cleanse the world of his corruption.

I like this game, but really, even my 5 year old brother beat it.

papuccino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By papuccino1

So I go into the store and I'm stoked to buy the new Prince of Persia game. I remember playing the original trilogy for the PS2 and I was aching to buy the new one.

I get home, pop in the disc and shut off my phone. It's on, baby.

I start playing and kinda feel this Prince dude is a bit of a douche. Cheesy one-liners start spewing from his mouth, and he's sporting the ever present Dreamworks-smile. 

I forgive that, and just keep playing. I mean, the art style of nice to look at and everything looks just right.  Suddenly, I make a wrong jump and I die, or so I think. This broad comes down
    and swoops me up. " Ok, that can't be right. Maybe there's a charge to it like The Dagger in the first game.". I fall again on purpose and see the same thing happen.

I go Will Smith for a second.  AW HELL NAW.

I mean, why did they fuck up this game so badly? Are they targetting 7 year old players? I weep for the Prince. Hopefully the second massively changes the formula or else I'm not going to buy it.

Vacancy009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Vacancy009

It essentially replaces the checkpoint save.  I rather enjoyed it, it was pretty seamless with no loading and got you back into the action.  Now the fact that there were so many "checkpoints" does make the game seem less difficult because you never find yourself re-doing something that took you 5+ minutes to accomplish only to mess up at the very end.  On the other hand it saves a lot of frustration.

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Nasar7

It's not like the old games were hard either, just occasionally frustrating having to redo a section. I really don't see what the big deal is.

warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By warxsnake

The new one will be nothing like it

Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
    Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#5  Edited By Atlas

I liked the 2008 Prince of Persia game, but would only recommend it to a friend as a rental, because there really is no playability. The story is only alright, and yeah, the gameplay is pretty easy. But it's got a real nice flow to it, and the art style is unique and pleasant.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.