Hopefully I can talk around the actual ending of the game here without giving anything away, but it certainly ends in such a way that you expect some kind of direct continuation of the storyline. There's even an achievement that pops when you beat the game called "To be continued...?" So it's nice to see this add-on will hopefully wrap up the story that was left unfinished there.
Here's the official Ubi line on what's being added.
- New Region: The Underground Palace – A corrupted underground palace from which the Prince and Elika need to escape in a new epic journey.
- New Power: Energize – Reconstruct destroyed areas of the environment to create a path and rush through it before it vanishes.
- New high pace: The new trap challenge – The Prince and Elika will face more cunning foes, cleverer traps and level design, adding more to the difficulty level in over 3 hours of gameplay.
- New Attack: Sprinting Clash – A duel move that lets you or the enemy trigger a sprint attack, charging towards each other, clashing your weapons fiercely.
- New Unlockable Skins: Finish the game and unlock exclusively, from the early development of the game, the Prototype characters of the Prince and Elika.
IGN has an interview on this DLC that fills in some more details, including these quotes about the difficulty of the expansion--noteworthy since the original game was criticized for being too easy--and about the new enemy you'll face.
Expect everything to be at a higher pace and to keep you on the edge of your seat. Figuring out how to succeed passing this long acrobatic sequence mined with traps or how to defeat this boss before he regenerates his energy will definitely be more intense. What hardcore Prince of Persia gamers want is a challenge and some of them found the game too easy. We understand this. Seeing such feedback, our vision and intentions with the DLC coincided with their comments quite well. We wanted to build a challenge and experience even greater with all the tools at our disposal, and let me say that there are a lot: Elika's power, traps, combat system, etc...
The Shapeshifter is an enemy that takes the form of two of Ahriman's most fearsome Lieutenants, the Warrior and the Hunter. Though their physical form is familiar to our heroes and the player, it will requires a particular strategy to defeat the Shapeshifter, rewarding the player that takes advantage of the new sprint feature exclusive to the Epilogue.
That doesn't sound much like a new enemy so much as a repurposing of two old ones. Here's three new screenshots where you can see this guy. You also get a good view of the new area, and what's that fiery sword all about?
Epilogue will be out on February 26 for "consoles," which it's safe to assume means both Xbox Live and PlayStation Network. How about price? No official word, but I'd peg this one at $10. What do you think? Are you onboard for more Prince?