Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Prince of Persia

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Dec 02, 2008

A 2008 entry into the Prince of Persia franchise titled simply "Prince of Persia", this game stars an all-new Prince as he teams up with the mysterious Elika to fight Ahriman and cleanse the world of his corruption.

Prince of Persia is really good

Artie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 17

Edited By Artie

Wow.

I just finished Prince of Persia and that has to be one of the better games released this year. I'm assigned the game for review on TalkXbox, so that should be up in two-three days depending on how horrid my writing is, but expect avery favorable review. If you liked any of the old Prince of Persia games, definitely pick this up. If you liked character focused narratives, pick this up. If you enjoy platforming, pick this up. If you neither enjoy Prince of Persia, characters, or platforming, I guess I can understand skipping over this, but man, it's just really good.

There's two aspects of this game I enjoyed quite a bit, but I do not want to hype them up, because that would spoil those parts of the game. So all I can say is play the damn game. It's on my GOTY list, if that's worth anything.

Amazing
    Amazing

Artie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Artie

Wow.

I just finished Prince of Persia and that has to be one of the better games released this year. I'm assigned the game for review on TalkXbox, so that should be up in two-three days depending on how horrid my writing is, but expect avery favorable review. If you liked any of the old Prince of Persia games, definitely pick this up. If you liked character focused narratives, pick this up. If you enjoy platforming, pick this up. If you neither enjoy Prince of Persia, characters, or platforming, I guess I can understand skipping over this, but man, it's just really good.

There's two aspects of this game I enjoyed quite a bit, but I do not want to hype them up, because that would spoil those parts of the game. So all I can say is play the damn game. It's on my GOTY list, if that's worth anything.

Amazing
    Amazing

AthleticShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By AthleticShark

I am playing it now and the game is good, but the platforming is not as smooth as it could be. He does not always do what I want and you can;t turn in mid-air or double jump per say ( not counting that extra boost from that girl ). Otherwise it is great.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
    deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Interesting!

elbow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By elbow

I'd say it's a good game, with a lot of wasted potential. If you would have asked me what I thought about the game half way through, I'd say easily a 9/10, but upon completing it, and looking back on it, I'd say it's an 8/10 in my books.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By pause422

I'd say correct "Pick this thing up" with making sure its "rent this thing", not really even just personal opinion of the games quality, but more so because its just a single player game only with no actual replay value at all.....so after you playthrough it, even if you enjoy it a ton, most people would just want to trade it in after that.

Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Coltonio7

Yeah, definitely a rental, but it doesn't have enough meat in it to justify a purchase though.

Artie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Artie
    pause422 said:
    "I'd say correct "Pick this thing up" with making sure its "rent this thing", not really even just personal opinion of the games quality, but more so because its just a single player game only with no actual replay value at all.....so after you playthrough it, even if you enjoy it a ton, most people would just want to trade it in after that."
    I suppose you're right, but I'm seeing this as a "this game is very good I want them to make more" perspective. I know Ubisoft Montreal isn't really BEGGING for cash, but I like to support developers and games that I enjoy, and this is one of those games. Sort of like anyone who bought Indigo Prophecy or Mirror's Edge, you can beat those games in a day, but those $60 dollars mean a lot.

Also I have to agree with the wasted potential, that's not to say the game was "bad" obviously not, the game is great. But there are parts of the game like the boss fight with The Concubine, or when you have to carry Elika somewhere, where I was just thinking they could've made this game so much more emotionally driven. Similar to that scene in MGS4 where you have to tap triangle as fast as possible, that kind of stuff.

Now I'm just thinking outloud.
    Avatar image for lightwarrior179
    lightwarrior179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By lightwarrior179

To be honest I haven't played any of the 3D Prince of Persia games so I can't really comment much about the series so it looks interesting and will hopefully check out your review on TalkXbox.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By BigBoss1911

meh.Looks nothing like sot,ww,and tt

Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Xandurson

Wow, glad you like it because I was worried that I wouldn't like the new style. I do like the series so maybe it will be good.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jayge_
    Coltonio7 said:
    "Yeah, definitely a rental, but it doesn't have enough meat in it to justify a purchase though."
    ~12 hours of main game and hours of exploring and speed-running for challenges afterward, is not enough for you?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.