Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Prince of Persia

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Dec 02, 2008

A 2008 entry into the Prince of Persia franchise titled simply "Prince of Persia", this game stars an all-new Prince as he teams up with the mysterious Elika to fight Ahriman and cleanse the world of his corruption.

This Game is so loose

Aurelito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Aurelito

Cultural and Racial problems of this game were never observed in any of magazines and presses of gaming world, but this doesn't means that this game is correct about the topic that used for its theme.
    game title is "Prince of Persia".
    It means that this game is somehow connected to "persia" that is an ancient land. but this is not even "somehow" connected to the persia, neither early 90s games or ubisoft's trilogy and this new one.

1- It used Indian costumes instead of persian. i believe that their inspiretion for costume("They" means all the developers of all PoPs) was Sinbad the Sailor and Sinbad is an indian myth.

Ancient Persian Costume
    Ancient Persian Costume

2- environment where games take place is very arabian. definitely they could not direct the architecture ascepts of game but you know they could do more. seeing some pictures of ancient buildings is very simple.

3- Perisans are not Arabian. i don't know what the fuck in world brought this idea that they are/were an "Arab Nation". here's what i'm talking about:

Scanned from Edge magzine. you can dig everywhere you can, Persian is aseparate race.

Cheers.
    PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By PureRok

Who cares?

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By RHCPfan24

Well, I guess it is not historically accurate.  That is too bad for people who either care about the game or Arab or Persian history.  I have never been interested in this game so I don't care much but it is pretty stupid Ubisoft can make such a blatant mistake.

Aurelito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Aurelito
    PureRok said:
    "Who cares?"
    Someone probably.

RHCPfan24 said:
    "Well, I guess it is not historically accurate.  That is too bad for people who either care about the game or Arab or Persian history.  I have never been interested in this game so I don't care much but it is pretty stupid Ubisoft can make such a blatant mistake."
    I don't care about both of these too. but i hate misinforming. The only PoP i played was the first one on Sega Mastersystem.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Jayge_

Seriously? I was going to PoP for all of my historical accuracy needs.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By brukaoru

Loosely based on history and culture? A lot of games are that way, it really doesn't bother me. The fact that Ubisoft was remaking a game from the early 90's may have something to do with it. They probably wanted to keep the game's name, too. "Prince of Arabia" just doesn't have the same ring to it.

shotaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By shotaro
    Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Bulldog19892

Jesus! Next you'll tell me that Too Human isn't historically and culturally accurate either!

HazBazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By HazBazz

And Paradise City in Nevada is not an island populated entireley by cars driving on their own free will, but we didn't complain because nobody gives a fuck

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By Snail
    BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BiggerBomb

If you're going to go to any video game for historical facts, I don't think PoP should be that game. At least play a historically accurate game like Rome: Total War or any of the Civ games...

Aurelito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Aurelito
    Jayge said:
    "Seriously? I was going to PoP for all of my historical accuracy needs."
    lol?

brukaoru said:
    "Loosely based on history and culture? A lot of games are that way, it really doesn't bother me. The fact that Ubisoft was remaking a game from the early 90's may have something to do with it. They probably wanted to keep the game's name, too. "Prince of Arabia" just doesn't have the same ring to it."
    But at least they could try a little bit more about accuracy of their historical matters. what difference does it makes really?

Shotaro said:
    "

while I agree that inaccuracies can be frustrating technically it was edge that made the typo as he is the prince of perisa making him Iranian, which as you point out is well miles away from arabia but at this time those two empires/cultures would be clashing. none the less this is a pretty pointless topic.

"
    Of course i didn't start this thread if i had not a point. obviously inaccuracies and misinforming is not very important for majority of game players, because it  doesn't surpass the total gameplay and i'm not saying something otherwise.. ( i didn't get what are you saying about the two empires? can you say it more clearly?)
    HazBazz said:
    "And Paradise City in Nevada is not an island populated entireley by cars driving on their own free will, but we didn't complain because nobody gives a fuck"
    I'm not looking for people who give a fuck. i'm informing.
    BiggerBomb
    said:
    "If you're going to go to any video game for historical facts, I don't think PoP should be that game. At least play a historically accurate game like Rome: Total War or any of the Civ games..."
    Of course. this game is also very fantasy and imaginiary.(kind of the game that i mostly hate when they are not made in RPG genre)

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By atejas

All very true, but still, were you really expecting historical accuracy from a game about a man who kills thousands of sand monsters and travels through time?

TheDavidSwain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheDavidSwain

I thought it was because they were invading another place.

So when they avaided the place, they wore their clothes and stuff. Makes sense to me

MisterSpiffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MisterSpiffy

These games never really interested me, but I think most of the media classifies any Middle Eastern country as an "Arab Nation".

TheDavidSwain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TheDavidSwain

The Prince is an Antagonist right? Because he belongs to the persians and the persians are bad. Like in 300, which is historically correct to the bone

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By PureRok

The Prince is technically the protagonist. He's the good guy... well, you play as him anyway.

Aurelito said:

brukaoru said:
    "Loosely based on history and culture? A lot of games are that way, it really doesn't bother me. The fact that Ubisoft was remaking a game from the early 90's may have something to do with it. They probably wanted to keep the game's name, too. "Prince of Arabia" just doesn't have the same ring to it."
    But at least they could try a little bit more about accuracy of their historical matters. what difference does it makes really?

Exactly. What difference does it make? So why make this thread if even you agree it doesn't make a difference?
    Aurelito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Aurelito
    atejas said:
    "All very true, but still, were you really expecting historical accuracy from a game about a man who kills thousands of sand monsters and travels through time?"
    No, i said, i expected more true cultural reflects, in other words.

MisterSpiffy said:
    "These games never really interested me, but I think  most of the media classifies any Middle Eastern countries as an "Arab Nation"."
    Unfortunately. the primary reason that made me to start this topic is this problem.

TheDavidSwain said:
    "

The Prince is an Antagonist right? Because he belongs to the persians and the persians are bad. Like in 300, which is historically correct to the bone

"
    I'm not interested in Ancient Persia and Achaemenid Empire because they were absolute dicks just like you saw in that movie. but even 300 didn't made a true and accurate historical movie(though it was a fantasy comic book). for example even if Xerxes king the son of Darius was a psycho, at least he wore a dress. i posted a picture of ancient persian costume. and also persians are not black and they are from white race. that is clear for sure but as i said, 300 was not true either that movie, Alexander back in 2004.

PureRok said:
    "The Prince is technically the protagonist. He's the good guy... well, you play as him anyway.

Aurelito said:
    brukaoru said:

Exactly. What difference does it make? So why make this thread if even you agree it doesn't make a difference?"
    I was not saying that, i said what diffrence deos more cultural reflects make.

Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Demilich

Video Game.

Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20  Edited By Vaxadrin

Video Game Deemed Unrealistic

More News At 11

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By LiquidPrince

The level design in The Two Thrones was actually very Persian influenced. Other then that your pretty much right.

Big_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Big_D

I thought this was going to be  a topic about the controls. Moving on.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By get2sammyb

I have one thing to add to this thread.

Fiction.

Aurelito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Aurelito
    get2sammyb said:
    "I have one thing to add to this thread.

Fiction."
    Harry Potter is a Fiction too.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By get2sammyb
    Aurelito said:
    "get2sammyb said:

Fiction."
    Harry Potter is a Fiction too.
    "
    Erm... yes. Exactly.
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By HandsomeDead
    Aurelito said:
    "get2sammyb said:

Fiction."
    Harry Potter is a Fiction too."
    And we all know how bad that is.
    atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By atejas

Honestly, that persian costume doesn't look very suited to acrobatics at all. And Sinbad is often misattributed to Arabian mythos(and it's sin-Bahd, not sin-Baed)

Aurelito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Aurelito
    atejas said:
    "Honestly, that persian costume doesn't look very suited to acrobatics at all. And Sinbad is often misattributed to Arabian mythos(and it's sin-Bahd, not sin-Baed)"
    Both of them are wrong pronunciations, the real name is "Sand(as in sand)-Baad".

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By atejas
    Aurelito said:
    "atejas said:
    "Honestly, that persian costume doesn't look very suited to acrobatics at all. And Sinbad is often misattributed to Arabian mythos(and it's sin-Bahd, not sin-Baed)"
    Both of them are wrong pronunciations, the real name is "Sand(as in sand)-Baad".

"
    Eh? Looks like my lore is a bit off, my bad.
    godzilla_sushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

#30  Edited By godzilla_sushi

It's a freaking video game.

I want all of you to know that not all Italians are plumbers. And not all Hedgehogs are blue. They are actually quite brown.

Win

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Win
    get2sammyb said:

Fiction."
    Whoa Whoa Whoa! Does this mean Kratos didn't actually become a Greek god in God of War?!?!
    Madness!!
    Avatar image for dragoonkain1687
    DragoonKain1687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#32  Edited By DragoonKain1687

People should stop thinking of this things as insults, once everyone does, there will be no more racism. Why is Niger a bad word? Or Black? Yellow? etc? They are just words, and we give them meaning.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By End_Boss

Holy fuck, hold on.
    You're telling me that a game in which a man makes fantastic leaps over gaping chasms and scales walls with naught but his pinky finger is historically inaccurate?

... Well. Okay.

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#35  Edited By mracoon

I realised it wasn't trying to be historically accurate when everybody had American accents.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.