Wow... this game sucks...

#1 Posted by Whisperkill (3046 posts) -

Who the hell thought of this combat deserves to die... 

That huge boss that you cany kill and has a RIDICULOUS amount of QTEs... i want to ****ING KILL SOMEONE!!!
#2 Posted by MrPiZzA (101 posts) -

Oh man, I love Ghost in the Shell, but i see where you are coming from on PoP.  Instead of making the A.I. more intelligent, they just exponentially up the amount of QTEs.  I wish they had brought the combat system from Sands of Time back, at the very least. 

#3 Posted by Joru (314 posts) -

QTE's are very easy. I don't like them very much but I think they worked well in PoP. The game was nice and relaxing, like flower.

#4 Posted by Vinchenzo (6466 posts) -
Whisperkill said:
"Who the hell thought of this combat deserves to die... 

That huge boss that you cany kill and has a RIDICULOUS amount of QTEs... i want to ****ING KILL SOMEONE!!!
"
Congrats, you're a retard. When you come up with proper reasons to hate a game, maybe someone will take you seriously. The "huge boss that you can't kill and has a RIDICULOUS amount of QTEs" is supposed to be pushed over the edge or into a pillar.
#5 Edited by TheFreeMan (2712 posts) -

The combat in Sands Of Time was terrible, IMO. I like the new combat much more.....fighting the Hunter is fun as hell.

#6 Posted by GobiasIndustries (379 posts) -

Honestly, I kind of agree with this post.

I realize a lot of people think it changed for the better but I find the combat to be incredibly repetitive, frustrating, and not fun at all. Also, the acrobatics seem to move weirdly slow.

I do not have the will to finish this game.

#7 Posted by ShiroMe (141 posts) -

It's not better or worse. It is just different. As long as the mechanics work it is just fine.

#8 Posted by LiquidPrince (16490 posts) -

Your opinion angers me...

#9 Posted by Snail (8772 posts) -
LiquidPrince said:
"Your opinion angers me..."
I knew you would show up.
#10 Posted by Jayge_ (10270 posts) -

I don't agree with the OPs reasoning, but I have to more or less agree with the title. I sang the game's praises at first, but I'm roughly halfway through now, and I can find absolutely no motivation for continuing. The story has become stagnant, the gameplay is absolutely pointless, and I've had to force myself to continue playing. I don't mind a game being easy or streamlining a death penalty (especially if it does it well), but the ridiculously tedious and boring combat sequences, the lack of any compelling or interesting puzzles, and the fact that the characters have not done anything besides sit there and trade witticisms for 5 hours now makes for one seriously disappointing package out of Ubisoft Montreal yet again. Two swings, two strikes. Far Cry 2 and Prince of Persia just weren't ready for release.

#11 Posted by GobiasIndustries (379 posts) -

Everything Jayge said is correct

#12 Posted by gike987 (1811 posts) -

I like the combat and i think that OPs post sound very retartded. But I could actually agree with that the QTEs somtimes can be to much and to repetive. If they only toned the amount of QTEs down a bit or put some more variation in to it the combat would be much more fun. Also, sometimes it would be fun to have a larger stage to fight  in so that you have time to do some combos without hitting the wall.

#13 Edited by Cirdain (3404 posts) -
Whisperkill said:

"
Here Here... I completed it and the 'Warrior' boss is a fucking knghtmare I couldn't feel my trigger finger for about a day
#14 Posted by Captain_Fookup (1526 posts) -

Prince of Qucktime Events: No Repercussions blew goats. Typical Ubisoft, have something going for an IP then fuck it up ie. Ghost Recon & Rainbow Six.

#15 Posted by Drebin_893 (3008 posts) -

I liked the game. Alot.

#16 Posted by Cirdain (3404 posts) -
Cirdain said:
"Whisperkill said:

"
Here Here... I completed it and the 'Warrior' boss is a fucking knghtmare I couldn't feel my trigger finger for about a day"
"
#17 Edited by PeasForFees (2415 posts) -

Combat has always been janky in PoP, thank god* he got past Emo/Junkie phase
*even if fictional

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.