holabendez's Prince of Persia (Xbox 360) review

A good game but way too repetitive

While being a good game, I found Prince of Persia to be incredibly repetitive. The objectives are straight forward, take your character to a certain point and as per the story “heal” the cursed land (by pressing a button). In order to get to the certain point you have to run, jump, slide and just generally parkour your way acrobatically across a beautiful art style landscape, with a boss fight when you reach the destination.

And then you do it again, and again, for a total of 20 times.

I kid you not. Thankfully the game is interesting – it is fun to use to Prince’s acrobatic moves, at least for a while, but when it’s really just the same thing over and over and over again, it really starts to feel a bit uninspired. The game has a lot going for it in terms of the basics, the aesthetics are good, the dialog between the character in the game is interesting, and the gameplay is fun, but the repetition is a major let down. Despite being so repetitive it didn’t get too bad I suppose because the game itself is pretty short. I earned an achievement for completing the game in under 12 hours so that gives you some indication.

Okay, but not great