Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Prison Architect

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Oct 06, 2015

The latest game announced by acclaimed indie developer, Introversion Software, in which players build and manage the day-to-day operations of a maximum security prison.

Your Prison Layouts

Lord_Xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Alright ladies and gents. I have been playing this game more and more. I'm slowly getting better at it as I go along. I would, however, like to see how others in this community of constructed their prisons and what their ideas are behind it's layout. For me, I haven't gotten a fully functioning prison yet that I'm satisfied with showing you guys yet. But I will show you when I get a good one up and running. But I do have some goals for myself once I do get better at this. One goal of mine is to try and recreate Shawshank Prison. If you don't know what I'm talking about, then look up "Shawshank Redemption" Another goal is to purposely build a tiny weakness in a prison where an inmate can escape. But I want it to be very hard to find. Yes, I do want a prisoner to escape, because why the hell not.

I will show you guys what I have created eventually. But for now, I'd like to see what others have created!

Mucklefluga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@lord_xp said:

Alright ladies and gents. I have been playing this game more and more. I'm slowly getting better at it as I go along. I would, however, like to see how others in this community of constructed their prisons and what their ideas are behind it's layout. For me, I haven't gotten a fully functioning prison yet that I'm satisfied with showing you guys yet. But I will show you when I get a good one up and running. But I do have some goals for myself once I do get better at this. One goal of mine is to try and recreate Shawshank Prison. If you don't know what I'm talking about, then look up "Shawshank Redemption" Another goal is to purposely build a tiny weakness in a prison where an inmate can escape. But I want it to be very hard to find. Yes, I do want a prisoner to escape, because why the hell not.

I will show you guys what I have created eventually. But for now, I'd like to see what others have created!

That's a cool idea actually. I'll try and do that too.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Hitchenson
    It's not done yet (yes, I gave myself $1,000,000)
    It's not done yet (yes, I gave myself $1,000,000)

Alekss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To my disapointment there are no gas chambers...

DrStrangepork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DrStrangepork
    No Caption Provided

This is my first working prison (all others ended gloriously). I purposely went small and tried to avoid it being too symmetrical. I need to work on a more elegant way to arrange the prison blocks so they are away from the staff locations. Keeping the prisoners out of the kitchen and having metal detectors in the hallways to the showers (shower first thing in the morning on the regime) really cut down on the random stabbings.

Running the pipes and electrical along the paths and through halls and doorways works well. I ran out of power so I had to start another power grid and having the power cables arranged this way made it easy to add a new generator as you cannot have 2 generators on the same grid. Planning to go with 2 generators on my next prison right off the bat, one just for the cell blocks and one for the rest of the buildings (adding more if needed).

Planning on creating a "Super Max" this weekend if time permits.

Zombaholic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dunno man. Those trees look like they will inspire hope in your prisoners.

I think that's a pretty rad layout though!

Avatar image for ignacyprzybylski
    ignacyprzybylski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ignacyprzybylski
    No Caption Provided

I hope I'm not necrobumping or something, but I thought that maybe you'd want my layout too. Medium sized prison, high quantity and variety foods, everything is going well except the education. The prisoners are too suppressed, I guess.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.