Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pro Evolution Soccer 2009

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Nov 11, 2008

Pro Evolution Soccer has been the mainstay of many a hardcore gamers with it's focus of game play and customization, particular popular in Asia and Western Europe where it has built a fanatical base of devoted editors and players alike.

What do we want to see new/return in PES2009?

vivek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By vivek

Being a hardcore PES fan I must say that PES2008 left me with a bad taste in my mouth, the game seemed rushed and unpolished.

My Top wants are..

Full edit mode back.
    Lose the Arcade style opening Menu.
    1080p.
    No separate sign up for online play.
    No Lag.
    Random Select mode from PES6.

There are more and ill add them as they come to me.

Josh9989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Josh9989

New edit mode PLEASE!
    Intergrate the online into the entire game (this is konami so I can forget that)
    More in-depth Master league
    A new game engine.

Bilawal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Bilawal

Arsenal stats and a good online mode for me

dovakhiin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By dovakhiin

A better editing system.

and its time for better graphics

yates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By yates

I'll be content with them getting the online right. Wouldn't mind being able to play people in different regions either, have a friend in Canada I want to play. I'm not building my hopes up though, don't want to be disappointed again.

AEKtzis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By AEKtzis

As far as game play is concerned I think they need to make the defense tighter and harder to get past. Thats not to say I want it to be so hard every game ends 0-0 but in the 2008 with certain players like Kaka I can literally run though a defense. Anyone else feel that way?

Zatoichi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Zatoichi

As a representation of football as a sport, PES still beats FIFA handsdown. However as a representation of how people see and crucially want to play football at home, PES' poor presentation, lack of consistent player likenesses, and strict digital control methods help give the impression that the developers have largely accepted their formula as best, and they have completely failed to innovate. As much as I find FIFA a step down in terms of mechanics, I enjoyed this years installment (particularly UEFA Euro 08), due to the risks they took in the Captain your Country and create a player, a lot more than PES 2008.

Ma7moud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Ma7moud

No lag.

Avatar image for caniplaywithmagnets
    caniplaywithmagnets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

License all teams, surely they have mad enough money to buy them by now, its a real cope out these days, or if not all teams then a much much better editing system like the ones in PES 4 or 5.
    I also loved the random select mode, be nice to see that back, was the best mode for playing against friends and still keep it interesting so everyone doesn't pick Brazil or Barcelona. But they need better kits for that mode as the ones you got were beyond awful.

vivek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By vivek
    caniplaywithmagnets said:
    "License all teams, surely they have mad enough money to buy them by now, its a real cope out these days, or if not all teams then a much much better editing system like the ones in PES 4 or 5.
    I also loved the random select mode, be nice to see that back, was the best mode for playing against friends and still keep it interesting so everyone doesn't pick Brazil or Barcelona. But they need better kits for that mode as the ones you got were beyond awful.
    "
    I don't think the Licensing is going to happen to be fair.  EA out bid Konami to those rights a long time ago. All I can say is that there is an interesting petition going around stating similarly to the "Sky Sports Incident" that one company is not allow to hold all the rights to a certain franchise. That is why hopefully we will one day have a fully licensed game.

Happy to see you enjoy Random Select too, it was a favourite of mine just down to the fact that you could merge together an awesome team.
    AutomaticSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11  Edited By AutomaticSnake

- Fix the LAG!!!!!
    - New game modes
    - More licensed teams!!!
    - Better gameplay
    - Make teams more EVEN!!! Why is villarreal crap compared to barca??? Why everyone always chose the same team? Cuz they made it so god damn uneven.
    - Slower gameplay. No more Eto'o or ronaldinho running at 100mph plz.
    - Improve graphics.... PS3 can do much better graphics then 2008....................

proevo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By proevo

No lag
    Licensed Premiership/Nations
    A real currency for Master League
    Better stats for younger players

fsavaget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By fsavaget

Fix glitches and LAG

bora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By bora

i would like to see a feature where you can see your stats after a game and then as the season goes on for eg: passes attempted passes completed shots attempted tackles red and yellow cards and so on. And not just for one player but for each controler because i play with my mates and brother a fair bit. a bit like a user name you need to play the game this could then be used for online play aswell. could you imagin the banter with your mates then would be awesome!!!!! what you guys think?

vivek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By vivek
    bora said:
    "i would like to see a feature where you can see your stats after a game and then as the season goes on for eg: passes attempted passes completed shots attempted tackles red and yellow cards and so on. And not just for one player but for each controler because i play with my mates and brother a fair bit. a bit like a user name you need to play the game this could then be used for online play aswell. could you imagin the banter with your mates then would be awesome!!!!! what you guys think?"
    That sounds like a pretty awesome idea, though I think the signing in a user id would be a bit fiddly, and also I enjoy just passing a controller around and having quick games.  With a id system people would have to log in and out and what if people accidentally played with your user? There are problems with the idea though online it would work. But Konami need to fix that first.

Tell you the truth I really liked the idea about the real currency in master league, just to add some realism to the system, I also think that the game needs to run the same on HD and SD. I can score amazing goals on my SD TV because the game runs slower, whilst on my HD TV the game runs super fast and causes timing shots to be erratic. Argree?
    randiolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By randiolo

i want to see it return to is former glory..putting FIFA to shame.

AndrewJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By AndrewJD

I want to see it play just like Pro Evo 4 as that's my favourite of them all, but with better graphics and online. That's it.
    I'm probably one of the few people who doesn't care about the licensing. I mean they have most of the players names correct, it's just the team names right?
    And sum1 always uploads an option file with the correct names, kits, emblems etc anyway.

Official Cover?
    Official Cover?

danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18  Edited By danielkempster

I just want them to fix it. Last year's effort was undisputably broken, probably because the dev team aren't used to multi-platform development. I'm not bothered about a graphical improvement, or licensing, or even how the menus look. Just fix the gameplay. Pretty please, Seabass. It's all I ask.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.