Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Aug 24, 2009

The second adventure for Professor Hershel Layton and his helpful assistant Luke. They must solve riddles to reveal the mystery surrounding a box that seemingly kills whoever opens it. In Europe, the game was released as "Professor Layton and Pandora's Box"

Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box US release announced?

Pepsiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 28

#1  Edited By Pepsiman

So remember those fanciful times to be had when the instructional manual of the first game mentioned that a Layton sequel would indeed be coming overseas? It might be a bit late to the party, but it seems as though Level 5 still wants to proceed with that plan, as a number of sites are saying that the game, now titled Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box, is poised for a release within the next six months. No real reason is given as to why the game was delayed, although it's also mentioned that there's hope that the other games in the series, including the upcoming second trilogy, will be released outside of Japan in the future.

Thoughts on this? I personally still need to finish the first game, but this news is still nonetheless good. I wonder if the delay is because they're redoing a number of puzzles like the first game?
    RedSox8933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By RedSox8933

I still need to play the first one. If I like it then I will totally get this.

dogbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By dogbox

I really, really hope that they bring the rest of the trilogy to North America and Europe. And really they have no reason not to, right? I recall hearing that the first one did quite well. I sunk a good 30 hours into the first game. Maybe I'll play it again now that some time has passed...

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#4  Edited By LordAndrew

It's about freaking time. I'd love some more Professor Layton.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Cool. I definitely plan on buying the first one once I get a DSi.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.