Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Professor Layton and the Last Specter

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Oct 17, 2011

The fourth installment in the Professor Layton franchise and the first part of the second trilogy is a prequel, set before the events of the first three games.

So has anybody got this game?

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Hizang

It came out in the UK just yesterday, seeing as its been out in the US for a while I was wondering if anybody has finished it yet or at least played some of it. How is the story, is it super crazy like past Layton games? Are the puzzles still awesome?

Morien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Morien

Yeah I finished it. Story is good, it's a prequel to the other Layton games. It shows how Layton first met Luke, which is interesting. It gets a little crazy but not quite the city sized robot scale. The puzzles were alright, I found that some of them were not very well designed, and that even the hints seemed to say "try this until you get the right number!" kind of thing, which lead to failed attempts. All in all though if you like the Layton games it's more of the same with a new story and some new puzzles.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Hizang

@Morien: How would you rate this in the other three Layton games?

MidgardDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By MidgardDragon

@Hizang said:

It came out in the UK just yesterday, seeing as its been out in the US for a while I was wondering if anybody has finished it yet or at least played some of it. How is the story, is it super crazy like past Layton games? Are the puzzles still awesome?

Got it, played a bit, but then Super Mario 3D Land and Sonic Generations 3DS came out and they took over my 3DS for the time being.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By Dagbiker

I just bought it this weekend from amazon

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Cube

I'm on chapter 4. It's pretty good.

Morien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Morien

@Hizang: I guess I would rate this as a tie for second place. Unwound Future is my favorite so far, then Diabolical Box and Last Specter, with Curious Village being third. If you don't like ties I would have to say I like Last Specter more than Diabolical Box since I've played it more recently and remember it better.

liako21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By liako21

does anyone else have trouble understand what some of the puzzles are asking? maybe they are vague on purpose...but it seems to be annoying me more than in the curious village. (the only other layton game i have played)

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By Winternet

I have not, but I'm pretty sure it's dope.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Nux

I got it for Christmas and I'm really likeing it. I'm not the best at puzzle games but I'm really likeing the story.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By LiquidPrince

It's... so good...

liako21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By liako21

i beat it last night. not really sure how much more layton i want. when i reached a point near the end where i would not have been given information until i had completed 80 puzzles i was like FUUUUUUCK!...... i had only completed 68 at that time. to be honest i dont really give a shit about the majority of the puzzles i was going through it for the story which was great imo.

RedBullRacer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By RedBullRacer

I just finished it. Really enjoyed it! One or two puzzles I didn't understand the description, but story was fun! I played 2 other Layton games before 1. Curious village & 2. The Diabolical Box one. This was same level of fun as those, think the characters were better in this one...but it's been few years since I played them other ones actually. I'm gonna play the Lost Future now which I hear is good. I had a lot of fun with this game. Playtime was at just under 20hours, which seems lot longer then I remember the other 2 but again, my memory might be playing tricks!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.