Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Oct 28, 2012

The 5th installment in the Professor Layton Franchise, and the first on the Nintendo 3DS.

Is Miracle Mask Fun?

insouciant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By insouciant

Is this game fun? Is it worth buying?

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By TruthTellah

@insouciant: Do you like puzzles and/or Professor Layton games?

Then sure.

PirateNipple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By PirateNipple

It's not very different from the other Layton games, but they did a really great job bringing the game to the 3DS. They re-did all the characters and everyone is now a 3D model, and the animations and expressions on the characters are all really great. The puzzles are good and there's a daily puzzle DLC thing that gives you a new puzzle every day. They build up and the first time you connect, you get every daily puzzle released so far, so you don't miss out on the early ones.

If you've never played Layton, it's a puzzle game with story in-between. The game always tells you where to go next and who to talk to or what to do to progress the story, but you're usually free to wander and talk to people and find hidden puzzles to do.

edit: I should also mention that this is my most played 3DS game, about double the hours of my #2 game according to my 3DS play stats. I finished every puzzle and I will be loading up the daily puzzle DLC about once a week to get and do the new puzzles. I like the game a lot.

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By EarlessShrimp

My fiance who has played every prof layton game in the series has enjoyed it so far. She really enjoys the searching mechanic, and the puzzles are always great. She's serious about the story line (she even went so far as to watch the animated film of prof layton) and likes it so far. Essentially if you're a fan of the series or puzzle games in general you'll enjoy it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.