The Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney wiki last edited by Aero on 02/14/14 04:53PM
View full history
Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney is a crossover adventure puzzle game developed by Level-5 and Capcom for the Nintendo 3DS. The game is a crossover between the Professor Layton and Ace Attorney franchises where the leading characters from each series team up to solve a witch trail in a medieval fantasy world. Level-5 published Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney in Japan on November 29, 2012 and a 2014 released date has been announced for Western territories.
The game will challenge players with "puzzles with contradictions", "puzzles" being a main theme in the Layton series and "contradictions" being a main theme in the Ace Attorney series.
Phoenix Wright and Professor Layton are somehow brought to a different world where magic exists. The characters find themselves in a medieval city by the name of "Labyrinth City" which is controlled by a mysterious figure named the Story Teller and a series of strange events have been recently occurring.
The idea of a collaboration between the two developers to combine the two franchises came from Level-5's CEO, Akihiro Hino, who personally told of the idea to Capcom. Shu Takumi, Ace Attorney creator, was surprised to hear the idea but was also excited to work on the crossover title.
Professor Layton Series
- Professor Hershel Layton: A smart and polite archaeologist, Professor Layton is very good at solving puzzles. Japanese Voice Actor: Yo Oizumi
- Luke Triton: Luke is the eager assistant of Professor Layton, who also serves as Luke's role model. Japanese Voice Actor: Maki Horikita
Ace Attorney Series
- Phoenix Wright: Main character in the first three Ace Attorney games, Phoenix Wright is a skillful lawyer who seeks the truth and will protect his innocent clients no matter what. Japanese Voice Actor: Hiroki Narimiya
- Maya Fey: Maya is Phoenix Wright's childish, enthusiastic and faithful assistant. She is a spirit medium in training and she tends to channel spirits of dead people when the situation is most dire. Japanese Voice Actor: Mirei Kiritani
- The Story Teller: The main villain of the game. He controls the city and the stories he writes become reality.