By Trace 19 Comments
Hey everyone. Boy, things sure have changed a little since the last time we did one of these, haven't they? I'd love to be able to say I have the power to see forever in the Giant Bomb universe, but in reality, I just have a few more tools to help out around the site. I've also gained access to another quest set, and believe me when I say it requires legitimate effort to complete.
I'm sure you don't care about any of that, though, which is more than fair. You want to see how this community quest, centered around a blindingly fast and crazy fighting game, is performing. I may have an answer or two for you. I know you want the 1,000 bonus XP. I sure want it! I'm almost level 34.
Here's the final graph:
We failed in crushing fashion! What a shame. At least we knew we were going to fail pretty early on, though.
Some final stats:
- We exhausted all 156.2 hours for this quest.
- We gained 96 completions in the last 27 hours, for a grand total of 3,053 completions. That's 76.3% of our goal.
- At the beginning of this quest, we needed to exceed an average pace of 25.61 completions per hour to succeed.
- Over the entire quest, we averaged 19.5 completions per hour. As of our last data reading, our short-term pace was 1.9 completions per hour. As if you didn't realize just how short we fell of our goal.
- Based on our overall average, we would need another 52 hours to successfully complete this quest. Based on the recent short-term rates, it'd be more like 252 hours. Ouch.
- Here's our progress compared to older quests:
- Yeah, this graph is getting really hard to read. Again. Still, it backs up what I've been saying this whole time, as our performance fell between Uh Uh Uh Uh Uh and Post Apocalyptic Vacation. Maybe I should do some sort of Power Quest board instead, where I rank our quest performances like that lap board on Top Gear or something. It would at least be easier to read, if not a little arbitrary.
As always, if you have any questions, comments, or criticisms, I'd like to hear them. Just post them in this thread.
I'll be back the next time a community quest pops up, hopefully with a few more stats based on my prediction models and the like. Thanks for reading!