The Giant Bomb Forza Horizon 2 Car Club
NOTE: ALL INFORMATION IN HERE SHOULD BE CONSIDER SPECULATIVE UNTIL THE FULL GAME'S OUT ON SEPTEMBER 30TH.
If you're getting Forza Horizon 2, chances are you'll want a club with like-minded weirdos to roll with around the winding roads of Europeworld. On the unofficial behalf of Giant Bomb, I say...yo. You're already here. If you're a GB member, roll with us.
Joining the Giant Bomb club may have the following benefits:
- [GB] before your name in-game, showing you roll with duders (or confusing random players into thinking you're a patriotic Brit).
- Shared XP bonuses of some sort, because I keep reading about this in just about every bloody preview.
- Easier invites to Giant Bomb Forza Race Night, our weekly Thursday night multiplayer romp that hasn't missed a beat in nearly five years.
- More rivals, and the knowledge that the jerk dominating your leaderboards is probably a Giant Bomb user who may or may not have taken refuge from the sun for just over two months to hone their skills.
According to Turn 10 and Playground Games, clubs have a 1,000 member capacity. In the interest of making sure we focus on filling the club up with long-term GB users first, I'm setting a few standards.
- If you're a brand new Giant Bomb user who just signed up to join the club after the game's release, or I get impression that's the only reason you signed up, I'm probably going to wait three weeks before inviting you.
- Yes, that's a mean rule.
- No, it's not fair. However, it'll help the long-term GB users get in first, and discourage anybody just looking for a random club to join.
- To clarify, I'll only apply that rule to anyone who signs up AFTER Forza Horizon 2 is out. If you're already a Giant Bomb user, you're good.
With that warning in mind, here's how to join:
How to Join (Probably)
- Play Forza Horizon 2. Forza Motorsport 4 and Forza Horizon 1 required you to play the game before receiving club invites.
- Post your gamertag in this thread. Once it's unlocked, naturally. I'm locking this thread because none of you should have achieved step 1 yet.
- Wait for me to send you an invite in-game. Be patient -- this shouldn't take long, but the longer Forza Horizon 2 is out, the longer this will take.
- Accept the club invite once you receive it.
In the unlikely event we hit the 1,000 member limit, I will try to find a way to determine who's active and who's inactive. If there's no easy way to figure this out, then the club will be capped, this thread will be locked, and that'll be the end of it.
The Giant Bomb Car Club's Mission
Be awesome. Don't be a jerk. Enjoy the world of Europe. Rep hard, and rep well.
This thread is currently locked until the club's set up by me and ready to roll. It will be unlocked once the game's out, and is currently in place to answer the unasked question of whether Giant Bomb will have a Forza Horizon 2 car club. (In short, yes.)
If you have any questions about the club before then, PM me. I'll answer.