By AllThatBacon 15 Comments
So, Super Street Fighter IV. I've been playing tons of that lately. I love playing as a lot of the new characters: Ibuki, Dudley, Guy, Adon, etc.
If anybody wants to go a couple rounds with me, feel free to send me an invite (GT: HanShotLast). Fighting strangers is fun and all, but I can only take so much random Ken/Juri nonsense.
In other news, college continues to be college. Trying to find non-lame people around Willamette Valley is wayyy harder than it should be. What's up with that?
Stay sexy, fellas.
By AllThatBacon 17 Comments
Hey fellas. Duders. Peeps. Bombers? Yeahhhh, I haven't done a blog in nearly a year now and just thinking back; it's crazy to think of where I was then and where I am now in life. I'm sure some of you know or remember what happened to my family in 2008. Very troubling and very... traumatic? It was kinda bad, and even though I feel like I practically wasted a year (August '08 - August '09) of my life in a place that I hated living in, I'm doing better now. Not 100% happy, but I feel like I'm getting there.
Ahem. ANYways, let's talk about games. Or rather, my favorite games from this past year. While I'd still say 2008 and 2007 were 'better' years (mainly because of all the cool looking '09 games that suddenly became 2010 games), it was still pretty good. You should note that I still don't have a PS3 of my own, so I haven't touched some of the bigger '09 hits like... Uncharted 2 and... InFamous. And Modern Warfare 2. Jeez...
Yeah, so here's my personal Top 6 games list for the year:
5. Red Faction: Guerrilla - Don't play this game for it's 'story', cause it's totally forgettable. Play it so you can have a ton of open world fun as Mars goes "BOOM!" all around you. The "Demolition Master" side acitivies are a BLAST (hur hur) to figure out. Also, pretty good multiplayer.
4. Resident Evil 5 - If it wasn't for the 'forced' co-op aspect, I would've ranked this game higher. You need to play this with another human being, preferably one that you actually know, to really enjoy and appreciate this game. Good fun and the story was oddly satisfying to me (and I've never finished a single Resident Evil game except for this one, so... there ya go).
3. Batman: Arkham Asylum - Wait... wait wait wait... a GREAT Batman game? It's totally true and you should totally play it. Glad that it doesn't riff/steal from the current movies and relies on doing it's own thing for the story. Getting the voice actors (MARK HAMILL) from the animated series to reprise their former roles was a cool move on their part.
2. Street Fighter IV - This is easily one of my most played games of the year. From February to June, I mainly played this game and that was kinda it. I find it weird that I started off totally avoiding/hating charge characters. Yet within a month or two, I went from fighting as Cammy/Fei-Long to fighting exclusively as Vega/M. Bison (with some Guile every now and then). Too strange. Amazing game.
1. Dragon Age: Origins- You know... BioWare games truly are something special. To me, at least. I can't think of too many other game developers who consistently make games that have such great writing and characters. The kind of video game characters that I can relate to and actually feel something for; almost as if they were actually real people. The gameplay is very good as well, feeling instantly familiar to those of us that have played Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter Nights. Not only that, but Dragon Age continues the BioWare tradition of having an amazing story with a very satisfying ending. Did I also mention that the DLC quests are pretty damn good as well?
It's easily my favorite game of the year and now, one of my favorite games of all time.
Well, can you guess which game I'm most looking forward to this year? Yeah. Hard, I know.
That's all for now. Take it easy!
By AllThatBacon 3 Comments
Yeah! Awesome game. I'm kinda good with Cammy and Fei Long. Fight me??
By AllThatBacon 10 Comments
2008 though....wow! An entire year where more than a couple of the games released made their way onto my list of favorites. Amazing.
Just a quick Top 10 here folks:
10. Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts (What an awesome game! That Banjo.... what a goof!)
9. Prince of Persia (Beautiful game! The Prince and Elika really made the game for me. Just sayin'.)
8. No More Heroes (Assassins, lawn mowing, blood, lightsabers.... kinda coo')
7. Gears of War 2 (Wait... moar GARZ?! Horde mode was a great addition)
6. Rock Band 2 (ANY WAY YOU WANT IT! THATS THE WAY YOU NEED IT!)
5. Left 4 Dead (Bill!)
4. Dead Space (A great Action Horror game. In space. With mutants. Faaantastic.)
3. Fallout 3 (I spent almost 70 hours playing this beast...that alone should speak for itself)
2. Lost Odyssey (JANSEN! The ending got me a little teary eyed. JUST SAYIN'.)
1. Grand Theft Auto 4
Honorable mentions: Fable 2, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Saints Row 2, Soul Calibur IV, Ninja Gaiden II, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
I still need to play: Metal Gear Solid 4 (I need a PS3 OKAY!), Silent Hill: Homecoming, Mirror's Edge, Too Human, Tales of Vesparia
Yikes! Hopefully this year won't be as awesome because I need to catch up!
Edit: Oh yeah. Burnout Paradise and Castle Crashers. Those games were pretty awesome as well. Damn...
By AllThatBacon 9 Comments
Zombie Apocalypse! OH GAWD!
Yeah. Left 4 Dead. Damn. Some of the most fun I've had this year. (Add meh on Steam: ImRyoHazuki)
Also, Tanks are total jerks (one knocked me off the roof of the Hospital). Halp!
By AllThatBacon 8 Comments
Oh dear. Uh....
Long time no blog (hur hur hur). Just here to give some sort of update (long overdue), so...why not do it..... BULLET STYLE!?!?!?!?! OH MY:
- Now living in Middle of Nowhere, Pennsylvania. I absolutely hate it here. Nothing to do. Nothing to see. Best place to get games is at freakin' K-Mart. Yikes!
- Beat Dead Space. Really well made game and possibly one of my favorites of the year. RE4/Bioshock/The Thing....but in space. Works for me.
- Obama won. I hope he'll be able to deliver on his promises and turn everything around.
- Played Far Cry 2. It's merely OK. Nothing special. The gameplay is 75% driving while getting shot at and 25% shooting back.
- Beat Fallout 3 with Very Good status. Great game but it has some strange moments (my dog disappeared on me more than once along with my other "companions") The ending was also a bit of a disappointment.
- Won't get GARS of War 2 till Christmas. Sorry guys.
- Bought Audiosurf for only $2 on Steam. Very fun. I tried playing the DMC3 theme and it was just.... INSANE.
- Now I intend to clear out some of my Backlog before Left 4 Dead comes out. Gonna start with the original Silent Hill (mainly because I want to check out Homecoming).
- That's it. Later guys.
By AllThatBacon 9 Comments
While taking a break from boxing crap up, I saw that Savage 2 was being offered on Steam for only $9.99 so I decided to check it out.
I own the first Savage and thought it was a cool game that didn't have nearly enough people playing it (least when I was playing it).
I can't really explain the game too well...it's this sort of cool combination of Action RPG gameplay along with FPS and RTS elements.
Basically, if you're looking for something different and you like class-based/team-based gameplay then I suggest you check this game out before the deal ends (August 4th). It's got some bugs here and there and I don't really think it's worth the full $30; but I thought it was cool for what it was.
Just thought I'd let you guys know. Haven't been playing much else lately.
Tell me what you think of the game if you do check it out.
By AllThatBacon 10 Comments
This place is totally not cool at all. And it's definitely not a nifty mish-mash of Gamespot, Wikipedia, Flixster and Facebook.
I can't dig it.
Leave meh to mah Oreo Pizza.
And by all that I mean "Welcome!"
...and don't eat Oreo pizza.