By AndrewGaspar 5 Comments
I'm issuing an ultimatum: If Giant Bomb wants to retain its relevance as a gaming source, by the end of the year the wiki needs to acknowledge of the rise of the Android as a platform for games. Gaming is starting to arrive in a big way as the Market becomes available in more countries and available on more devices across more networks. Games range anywhere from the tank combat game Panzer Panic, to the racer Raging Thunder, to the addicting Speed X. I know I've already harped on this before, but by the end of 2011, I guarantee that the Android Market will rival iTunes App Store in terms of diversity and quality of games.
Recently, I've been playing:
- Pac-Man Championship Edition (no explanation necessary)
- SpeedX (dodge blocks as your hurtle down an artsy and seizure inducing "corridor")
- Raging Thunder 2 (standard racing game)
- Radiant (kind of like galaga)
- Panzer Panic (top down tank combat game)
Other great games I've played:
- Replica Island (entertaining platformer)
- Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? (self-explanatory)
Giant Bombers, it's about time we have a page for Android just like we do for iOS. I want to be able to fill out wiki pages for Android just like any other game, and write reviews as well. It can't be hard to add? I'm willing to take to whichever moderator I need to make this happen.
Any other Android users out there with me?