Hello people. Once again, like many others, I decided to add my list for the top ten games of 2012. Lets get right to it.
And here's a quick list for disappointments of the year
1. Mass Effect 3: Learning that your choices really didn't matter in the grand scheme of things, and there's the crappy trilogy endings.
2. Assassins Creed 3: Boring main character and disappointing story conclusion for Desmond Miles.
3. Street Fighter X Tekken: Decent fighting game, but the DLC betrayals and the disrespect of Megaman left a bad test in many people's mouths, including my own. Then there's also the game not having all the modes for all platform versions, even though it's described in the instruction manuals.
4. Capcom: Yes, I'm putting a game developer on the list. Simply put, Capcom dropped the ball in 2012. From breaking their promise and canceling Mega Man Legends 3, to the horrible DLC problems and missing features in Street Fighter X Tekken,. And finally, the biggest disappointment of the year for them: Resident Evil 6. One of the most expensive games they've ever made, completely tanked because of polish problems and bad gameplay features.
Honorable Mentions - a list of games that didn't make the list, but shouldn't be missed
1. Far Cry 3: The most fun gameplay in a first-person shooter in years. For many people, this game is the shooter of the year.
3. Lego Lord of the Rings: The Lego games are really starting to hit their peek and Lego Lord of the Rings is one of the best in the series that'll keep your playing long after you finish the story missions.
4. Deponia: Given that The Walking Dead has brought life back into the point-and-click adventure genre, how about I suggest one of the best games that got overlooked this year. It's a challenging game and the main character is... interesting. The developers even had time to put out a sequel before the end of the year - Deponia 2: Chaos on Deponia.
6. Prototype 2: Well done sequel to the original.
8. Here's the link: http://twinbeardstudios.com/frog-fractions Play this free flash game. That's all I can say.
11. Transformers: Fall of Cybertron: This game was on my top ten list, but I had to demote it to honorable mentions for a much better game this year. The game is still surprisingly well done and polished. The storyline of was decent and the voice acting featuring many of the vocal talents of the shows history was well done. The third-person shooting gameplay is also above average.
Now on to the main list.