Its hard to tell by that quick little bit, but that combat didn't look at all souls like to me. It looks like some random hack and slash button mash action game type combat. Dude was swinging all over the place.
That actually is how the (Demons) Souls games play. When you're not locking on that is.
I wasn't really sold on No Man's Sky when it debuted but today's gameplay was flipping amazing. This is one of the reasons I'm with PS4. Them indies. Far Cry 4 just looks insane. I was surprised by FC3 and it was the most fun I had with a game in a while when I played it. FC4 with elephants. Yes. I jumped off the Assassin's Creed ship (YEAH!) after finishing 3. I heard 4 is good so I'll get to it but Unity just looks so damn fluid and 4 player co-op? Yes.
Dualshock 4 is the greatest controller ever. I was okay with the DS3 when it was the only controller I ever used. Now I can't stand it. I used the 360 pad a couple times and thought it was only good for FPS. Now the DS4 makes me not want to touch another controller ever. I've touched the X1 controller in a GameStop before and found it was to small. So Dualshock 4 it is. The thing is a godsend compared to the DS3.
Not sure how it's all working but I know Microsofts press conference is on Spike TV so I'll watch it there. If EA & Ubi are on Spike also, I'll watch it there. My mum takes the tv at night so I'll open a live stream (probably Giantbombs, if they're doing what they did during the PS4 reveal) and hook it up to my tv. I know 2 of my friends will be coming over. Might tell another friend or 2 to come over but I doubt it.
Well, Deep Silver owns the IP, so I guess they might as well use it. Regardless of how the first Homefront turned out, the concept of a land invasion in the US is generic enough to not restrict a developer and still fertile ground for a game (FREEDOM FIGHTERS 2 - WHY HASN'T IT HAPPENED?!)
Actually, Crytek owns the rights. Deep Silver is publishing.
@awesomeusername: This sums up what I feel. what's exciting is the rumors,drama,fights,chaos,games. A pure roller coaster of emotions.
Agreed. Last year was an all out fight between MS & Sony to sell us on their consoles. This year will be about the games and I'm so excited for all the announcements, jabs at each other, and such. It's so damn exhilarating!
- Plays pretty much like Sly 2+3 (Platforming is really good) & it's such a gorgeous game. It's free this month on PlayStation Plus (PS+) actually so get a PS+ subscription!
- I haven't played the full game yet but I loved the demo. I actually have the game on my PS3 right now so I'll hopefully play through it this summer.
- Infamous 1 is probably rough to play but the Infamous series is my favorite series ever so play that shit. Infamous 2 is still one of the best playing games on PS3 ever. The story is a bit of a let down but it's still so, so good.
- One of my favorite indie/downloadable games. It's so charming and the gameplay is unique and different. It's also fairly short but it's very much worth your time.
+ - Both gorgeous and relaxing games. Forget flOw, it's trash.
- Fantastic platformer with great music (Becks album is the best). The community levels are really good too.
- I read that you played 1+2 but skipped 3. I want to say that 3 isn't as good as 2 (Because it's hard to top something that was universally praised) but it's still a damn good Uncharted game. It's also one of the most gorgeous games on PS3. Should definitely give it a go. This is also currently free on PS+ but it will no longer be free come Tuesday, June 3rd so I recommend you getting a PS+ sub and purchasing all the free games available right now before they leave this month on the PS Store website.
- Kind of like Ico but you're playing as an invisible child. It's a pretty good game and worth your time so if you enjoy Ico, play Rain.
- One of the best games of 2013 and sadly one of the overlooked. It's so gorgeous and it's pretty funny. The boss fights in this game are so good too. One of the only games I can think of that has good boss fights.
+ - These games get very mixed reactions but they're the only games on the PlayStation consoles that do what they do. If you think you'll enjoy it, try them.
- If you never played any GoW game, play them. They're bloody fun (sorry). Just play them.
- Don't need to have played Resitance 1+2 to understand this games plot but you should wiki them anyway. Or if you want the short version, they say in the beginning of this game what happened in the previous two games. This is one of the better shooters that came out last gen and this is another Sony title that got overlooked. Definitely give it a try.
- If you like JRPG's, play this. The combat system is so good and the characters are pretty likeable.
- If you ever plan on getting a PS4, just forget this title. This game along with PixelJunk Shooter 2 will be free this month (June 2014) on PS4 via PS+ in 1080p, 60FPS, blabla, etc. so just get a PS+ sub dude. Seriously, it's the best deal on any console.
- It's a weird game but in a good way. I just don't think it has that level of appeal where you'll want to play it a ton of times.
- I said above to forget it. I'll say it again. Forget this crap.
- I liked these games but I don't see the point in going back to them in 2014. Just wait for the inevitable LBP3 on PS4. If you get a PS4 that is.
- I didn't really like this game despite loving the PS Vita version of this game. The boss fights in this game are awful and it just wasn't enjoyable.
With that said, get a PS+ subscription NOW! All the free games available right now on PS+ will be gone by the end of this month (Games are leaving every Tuesday) so you should jump on that today if you're interested in any of the free games out right now. As I and tons of other people say, PS+ is one of, if not, the best deals in gaming ever.