Yeah this 'beta' is totally broken for me, the game randomly crashes without warning or reason, I get dropped from every match I play and when I can connect I get spawned inside objects, glitch out die and then get d/c'd...
baldgye's forum posts
If Nintendo were to just give out games for free or for just $1 or $2 dollars, then how will you expect them to stay in business and make money? Even if you can emulate the older games for free, Nintendo has to make money somehow to do other projects and pay their employees. Also, Nintendo has invested a lot of money already in their system, and if they were to redesign it, what difference would it make for the demand? We're in a bad economy as it is. Sure the name of the console is terrible, but what's done is done. They have to deal with it and make the WiiU work other than changing the name, the console design, and the price of older games. Just face it, you just don't like WiiU, but you do like Nintendo.
I agree that they will need to lower the price of their system and create an ambassador program for the WiiU. I also believe that they need to deliver more enticing games other than Mario, and try to attract the third party publishers they desperately need. Bring back F-Zero, resurrect the Earthbound or Mother franchise, release a GOOD Metroid, make another Sin and Punishment game, and more! They'll have to make their console appealing through the use of that strange controller with different games and channels. I think that if they could allow apple iphone or android based games to be played on WiiU while maintaining the same price, then that'd be cool. (It'll never happen). They have a lot of work to do, so we'll see what happens.
To some of your points;
- By essentially giving away NES games and making SNES games super cheap there would be a reason for people to invest in a WiiU, becasue right now... there really isn't much of a reason at all. So yeah they would take a hit on games that have already been made and already exist on there servers, but in the process they would be giving the WiiU some value (which is what my blog is trying to do)
- I don't like the WiiU becasue it has no games that I care about, has a pretty desperate looking future and I dislike Nintendo becasue of how backward and incompetent they seem (them telling EVO they couldn't stream Smash Brother's being a pretty good example of how clueless they are).
- By giving the system a redesign, not only would it help a re-branding and re-launch it would make the system cheaper to produce, saving Nintendo money. Sony and Microsoft didn't simply redesign the PS3 and 360 for the sake of it.
- Bringing back old Nintendo franchises is great, but how can they possibly justify the cost when people are not buying there system. The goal of this blog is to create several things that can be applied to there current system without long term development and investment (bar the redesign). It's taken them a few years to simply put out a new Mario Kart, can you imagine how long its going to take them to make a new Metroid etc?
- Third parties will come when there is a reason to, Ubisoft have been pretty vocal of how much of an abject failure ZombiU was for them, and that wasn't simply the best launch game the system had, its the systems best game.
awesome stream, I only got the end of it but still made me sad and really happy at the same time
I never met Ryan, or any of the Giant Bomb staff.. but I Ryan's passing has hit me more than I expected. He was an awesome guy and I can't express how much he has made my life better. I hope his friends and family are able to cope with the loss.
He gave us all so much