Release date confirmed. April 8.
Banshee's forum posts
Rockstar announced today that there will be a limited time Valentine's day content update that will be available from this Friday, February 14, until next Friday February 21, 2014. The new content will only be available for the week, but once you own the new content, it's yours for the life of GTA Online. (Content is also available in single player.)
Here's what's included:
NEW VEHICLE: ALBANY ROOSEVELT
Since they've hit £300,000 so quickly, they now have some stretch goals.
- £400,000 - Live in-game period music: In-game music will be live medieval music recorded by local Czech masters, note for note from ancient song books.
- £500,000 - Symphonic orchestra soundtrack: Soundtrack for cutscenes will be recorded by a live symphonic orchestra.
- £600,000 - Playable female character: We get a lot of questions about being able to play as a female. Our original story was built around a male character, a young blacksmith, and we cannot simply change it. However, we would like to offer this opportunity in another way. If we can raise £600,000 we shall add a line of quests into our game where you can play as a young woman that saves the lead character in the beginning of the game. She's smart, courageous and good at stealth.
- £700,000 - Performance motion capture: Motion capture is one of the most expensive parts of development. If we reach this goal, we will be able to capture actors with the latest and greatest technology and capture not only their body movement, but also their facial animation and voices at the same time. This will deliver the best natural looking cutscenes and dialogues possible. If you saw Ryse, we talk about the same quality here.
- £800,000 - Coming soon?
- £1,000,000 - Coming soon?
They're currently at £478,000, and there is still 24 days left.
Seems very ambitions for a $500.000 game.
The game's already been in development for 18+ months, and they've already spent 1.5 million in that time.
The goal is only around 10% of their overall planed budget. The Kickstarter is there to show their investor that there is interest in the game.
|Current Name||New Name||Alias|
|Michael De Santa||Michael Townley||Michael De Santa|
|Amanda De Santa||Amanda Townley||Amanda De Santa|
|Jimmy De Santa||James Townley|
Janmes De Santa
Jimmy De Santa
|Tracey De Santa||Tracey Townley||Tracey De Santa|
|Ron||Ron Jakowski||Nervous Ron|
any first reactions on ps3 vs 360 yet ? gta 4 and red dead on ps3 has me concerned.
Rockstar has said that GTA V is the first game that they have developed for both consoles at the same time, rather than developing a game on a lead platform, and then porting it to the other. They have said that the games are very similar to each other, and it would be hard to tell them apart graphically. We'll likely find out if that's true once LensOfTruth releases their Head2Head article.