By BlackLagoon 29 Comments
It's May, I'm sick, but I'm still determined to keep updating this list. As usual, it is focused on the North American market, with sections for Europe and Japan exclusive titles in their own sections below.
Last month was pretty big, with Soul Sacrifice landing at retail, and a bunch of big downloadable titles launching on PSN. This month is a bit more sparse - there are actually no fully confirmed Vita releases for May yet, though Futurlab's acclaimed shoot 'em up Velocity Ultra, twitchy murderous rampage sim Hotline Miami, charming puzzle adventure Jacob Jones and the Bigfoot Mystery, and puzzler Quell Memento are expected to make an appearance. Parts of Europe also just got Farming Simulator 2012, though no word on whether the rest of the world will.
April turned out a solid number of new announcements. Retail-wise, the Jak & Daxter HD Collection is getting a Vita port in June, metroidvania Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate is coming, Sony is relaunching the successful PSP Invizimals franchise with Invizimals: The Alliance, and Ragnarok Odyssey is getting an expanded rerelease which was announced for a western release right off the bat.
PSN got a good amount of love too. Puzzle platformer Stealth Bastard was announced with remade 2.5D graphics and a new name Stealth Inc. - A Clone in the Dark, Llama enthusiast Jeff Minter revealed Tempest remake TxK, plus a bunch of other indies like Cloudberry Kingdom, OMG HD Zombies, 1001 Spikes, and Kung Fu Rabbit are also coming.
And, I'm done. On to the actual list:
- Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault - Ratchet goes multiplayer/tower defense/MOBA
- Jacob Jones and the Bigfoot Mystery - Puzzle adventure from Lucid Games
- Men's Room Mayhem - Flight Control meets the public restroom
- Jak & Daxter Trillogy - The PS2 platformers brought to the Vita (June)
- MotoGP13 - Motorcycle racing (June, Europe only?)
- LEGO Legends of Chima: Laval's Journey - New LEGO game
- Muramasa Rebirth - Enhanced port of the Wii 2D action-adventure game (Aksys, June)
- Velocity Ultra - Upgraded version of Futurlab's acclaimed Minis shooter
- KickBeat - Martial arts rhythm game
- Quell Memento - Puzzle game
- Snapshot - Platform puzzler
- Hotline Miami - Port of the psychadelic indie murder spree simulator
- Picotto Knights - F2P cutesy brawler thing
- Rainbow Moon - Turn-based strategy RPG
- Dragon Fantasy: Book II - SNES style retro RPG (Summer)
- Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee - HD remaster of the Xbox game
- Flying Hamster HD - The PS Minis shooter gets an upgrade
- Coconut Dodge Revitalized - Upgraded version of Futurlab's hit Mini
- Putty Squad - Remake of the Amiga platformer (Summer?)
- Luftrausers - Vlambeer does (Nazi) planes?
- Cloudberry Kingdom - Hard as nails plaformer
- OMG HD Zombies! - Zombie themed chain reaction puzzle game
- Farming Simulator 2012 - Eat your heart out Harvest Moon!
Rest of the year
- Killzone Mercenary - This time you get to side with the British Space Nazis! (September)
- Tearaway - Papercraft adventure from Media Molecule (October)
- Warrior's Lair - Diablo-thing with social elements
- Final Fantasy X HD
- Final Fantasy X-2 HD
- Dragon's Crown - Fantasy beat 'em up (August)
- LEGO Marvel Super Heroes - More LEGO
- Valhalla Knights 3 - Sequel to the PSP Action RPGs. (September, XSEED)
- Ys: Memories of Celceta - Action RPG in the long running series. (September, XSEED)
- Epic Mickey 2 - Port of the console title
- Ragnarok Odyssey Ace - Expanded version of the boss hunting game
- Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - Metroidvania tie-in with the console game
- Invizimals: The Alliance - The Invizimals return for the Vita
- Rayman Legends - More beautifully animated platforming
- Toukiden - Omega Force does Monster Hunter (Tecmo Koei, Q4)
- BreakQuest Extra Evolution - BreakOut-ish Mini getting upgraded to full Vita game
- Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee New N' Tasty - HD remake of the PS1 game
- Orc Attack - 4 player co-op character action game
- Lone Survivor - Post apocalyptic horror action adventure. As seen on Spookin' with Scoops.
- Starlight Inception - Kickstarter funded space combat sim (August?)
- The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth - I don't care what anyone says, it's a Zelda clone not a roguelike :P
- Divekick - Kickstarted two-button fighting game parody
- Deathmatch Village - 3v3 free to play MOBA with PS3 cross-play
- Frozen Synapse: Tactics - Console remake of the indie turn-based strategy title
- Superfrog HD - Remake of the classic Amiga platformer
- Hungry Giraffe - Native Vita version of the Minis title
- Bit.Trip Runner 2 - Indie endless runner (Summer)
- Malicious Rebirth - Enhanced port of the PSN game
- 2D Adventures of Rotating Octopus Character - Native Vita version of the PS Mini
- Floating God Saves the Pilgrims - Native Vita version of the PS Mini
- Real Boxing - Boxing. And it's real. (August)
- The Walking Dead - Telltale's adventure game is shambling onto the Vita
- Box! Open Me - Augmented reality puzzle game
- Limbo - Port of the indie platformer
- Spelunky - Port of the punishing indie platformer
- Metrico - Vita exclusive from indie studio Digital Dreams
- Terraria - Minecraftvania?
- Stealth Inc. - A Clone in the Dark - Enhanced port of puzlle platformer Stealth Bastard
- TxK - New Vita exclusive Tempest game from Llamasoft
- 1001 Spikes - Retro platformer
- Kung Fu Rabbit - Indie platformer
- Counterspy - Stylish cold war side-scroller inspired by Flashback
- Doki-Doki Universe - Open ended story about a robot exploring the galaxy
- Hohokum - 2D sandbox snake thing
- C-Wars - Retro RTS thing
- Atomic Ninjas - Competetive multiplayer platformer
- Olliolli - Tony Hawk meets Canabalt
- A.N.N.E. - Retro metroidvania thing
- DYING: Sinner Escape - Horror/puzzle game from the creators of Saw
- Atelier Meruru Plus - Enhanced port of the PS3 RPG (Tecmo Koei, September 3)
- The Next Death Ray Manta - New version of the indie dual stick shooter
- Flower - Port of the PS3 exclusive
- Zero Escape 3 - Development has started, but patforms have yet to be annouced
- Yet to be annouced game(s) from Tokyo Majin Gakuen director
- Mystery project from Just Add Water
- Dangan Ronpa 3
- Some kind of Worms game
- Sly Cooper HD Collection - ESRB rating
- Yakuza game
(Titles out in Europe with no American release announced.)
- A-Men - Puzzle platformer
- Travel Bug - Social pet raising sim
- t@g - Augmented reality game for 3G Vitas
- Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge
- Doodle God - Puzzle game
- International Snooker 2012 - Well, it's Snooker
- HISTORY Legends of War: Patton - Turn based WWII strategy game
(Incomplete list of Japanese titles that have yet to be announced for western release)
- God Eater 2 - Fast paced scifi take on Monster Hunter.
- Over My Dead Body 2 - Dungeon crawler set in ancient Japan
- Eiyuu*Senki - Turn based strategy game - conquer the world, one anime girl at a time
- Gundam Breaker - 3rd person action game based on the Gundam franchise
- J-Stars Victory Vs - Shonen Jump crossover game
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Flash - Latest game in the Legend of Heroes series
- Haiyore! Nyaruko-san - Feel your sanity slip away as 5pb brings Vitas the most moé incarnation of the Cthulhu Mythos yet!
- Memories Off 6 Complete - Compilation of the two Memories Off 6 visual novels
- Memories Off: Yubikiri no Kioku - Visual novel
- Conception II - Sequel to the PSP RPG
- Hyperdimension Neptunia PP - Neptunia idol management spin-off
- Chou Megami Shinkou Noire Gekishin Black Heart - Neptunia spin-off staring Noire
- Chou Ji Jigen Game Neptune Re :Birth1 - Remake/port of the first Neptunia game
- Mind 0 - Dungeon crawler RPG with a high school setting
- Pro Soccer Club o Tsukurou! - New entry in the soccer RPG series from SEGA
- Winning Post 7 2013 - Horse racing simulator
- XBlaze - Visual novel
- Corpse Party: Blood Drive - Sequel to CP: Book of Shadows
- Super Robot Taisen: Masou Kishin Pride of Justice - More Super Robot Wars
- Yahari Ore no Seishun Rabu Kome wa Machigatteiru. - Visual novel from 5pb.
- Freedom Wars - Multiplayer action game from Japan Studio
- Super Heroine Chronicles - Turn-based anime heroine cross-over extravaganza
- Grisaia no Kajitsu - Visual novel from Front Wing
- Hotchkiss - Visual novel
- Exstetra - Fantasy RPG from FuRyu
- Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA f - Rhythm game with the popular vocaloid.
- Time Travelers - ...Level 5 does Heavy Rain?
- Little Battlers eXperience W - Minature mech battle action RPG thing from Level 5
- Lord of Apocalypse - Multiplayer focused action RPG
- Tales of Innocence R - Remake of the DS game.
- Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Battle Destiny - 3rd person action game
- Moe Moe Daisensou - SRPG with weaponized anime girls.
- Ciel no Surge - Visual novel/dating sim/DLC machine from Gust
- Little Busters! - Visual novel
- The Legend of Heroes: Zero no Kiseki Evolution - Enhanced port of the PSP RPG
- Nobunaga's Ambition: Tendou - Port of the PS3 strategy game.
- Fate/stay night Realta Nua - Visual novel.
- Special Reporting Division - Adventure / Visual novel from NIS
- Shin Kamaitachi no Yoru: 11ninme no Suspect - Murder mystery visual novel from Chunsoft
- Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2012 - Japanese baseball
- Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012 - Cutesy Japanese baseball
- Demon Gaze - 1st person party based dungeon crawler RPG
- Monster Monpiece - Card battle game with boobs.
- Sengoku Hime 3 - Historical strategy game with anime girls
- Romance of the Three Kingdoms 12 - Historical strategy game
- Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus - Dynasty Warriors + boobs + destructible clothes.
- Phantasy Star Online 2
- Sakura-so no Pet na Kanojo - Visual novel
- Tales of Hearts R - Remake of the DS game.
- One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 - Musou game based on the popular franchise
- Tales of Hearts R Infinte Evolve - Dowloadable 2D companion to Tales of Hearts R
- Sei Madou Monogatari - New entry in the 90s dungeon crawler series
- Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2013 - More Japanese baseball
- Steins;Gate - Visual Novel
- PhotoKano Kiss - Dating sim with photography
- Labyrinth Cross Blood Infinity - Port of the PC/360 scifi dungeon crawler RPG
- Kajiri Kamui Kagura Akebono no Hikari - Visual novel from light
- Sangoku Rensenki: Otome no Heihou! - The Vita's first otome game