By Brandy 2 Comments
For all of you not familiar with me from GS, Brandy's Bargain Bonanza is a feature that I created a couple of years ago to highlight certain times when I go nuts buying a mass amount of electronics at once (videos games, DVD's and whatnot). While I used to shop for these items on a pretty regular basis, certain events have led to a considerable slowing in that respect (hence my not doing a blog such as this until now). However, this is Black Friday, a day which no self-respecting bargain hunter should pass up.
After leaving home at 4:45 AM, here is the rundown of my day:
Wal-Mart - Wait time: 63 minutes
When I finally did get to checkout, I purchased the following DVD's:
- Borat Special Edition w/ T-shirt - $2.00
- V for Vendetta - $2.00
- The Whole Nine Yards - $2.00
- TMNT - $2.00 (Gift for nephew, I think; Might decide to keep it for myself... Is it any good?)
- Just Friends - $2.00 (Gift for sister)
- Pay it Forward - $2.00 (Gift)
Total paid: $12.84
Total savings (over original prices): $50.25
Meijer - Wait time: 0 minutes
After seeing something to the extent of "All 9.99 video games half off," I thought that I would take a chance and find a couple of decent PS2 games to add to my collection. Little did I know that the ad failed to mention the fact that you had to buy a certain amount of games before the discount came into effect, and with options like Bratz: Forever Diamonds or Nickelodeon's Unfabulous making up the majority of my choices, there was no way I was buying enough to count...
Target - Wait time: 20 minutes
Target... It's like home really. One sure-fire location where I just know I am going to find something good. After making my way through the toy, video game and electronics departments, I picked up Polar Express, the new Indiana Jones, the new Hulk, a Leapster game, and some pajamas to purchase with my mom's money (all gifts for various family members). As for myself, I picked up a few things (prices look strange because I have included my mom's 10% employee discount in the prices):
- Atonement - $5.38 (I adore Keira Knightly and sweeping/epic romances, so this was a win/win)
- Office Space Special Edition - $3.58
I should also note that I got two rainchecks (Made of Honor for $8.98, and Pirates 3: At World's End for $5.98), that I may or may not redeem sometime within the next 90 days (depending on how my wallet looks as we get closer and closer to Christmas):
Total paid : $9.59
Total savings (over original prices): $19.06
After getting home, I was a bit annoyed that I didn't find more during my trip, so I headed onto Amazon to see what sorts of deals I could find, and was very pleasantly surprised.
- Nintendo Wii Remote Charge Station - $19.95 (not just four rechargable AA batteries but two actual battery packs like you have on cell and cordless phones; had hundreds of reviews with the general consensus being that it's a great unit)
- Resident Evil 4 Wii - $9.95
- Iron Man DVD - $8.99 (Gift for nephew - was $13 at Target, so I'm glad I waited)
Total paid: $38.89
Total savings: $35.89 (plus another $6.47 saved by getting free shipping)
Total spent on the day: $61.32
Total savings on the day: $105.20
So there you have it. Did any of you journey into the crowds this morning? If so, what did you get?