By BRINKTheMovieMyFavoriteMovie 1 Comments
- Glad after hearing Jeff's opinion of Just Cause 2 on the podcast that apparently I'm not completely crazy. I even liked the first, but I could not get into the second one at ALL, and basically for the same reasons Jeff said. Couldn't get the hang of the movement, especially the parachute stuff, and the shooting was weird, and I was always ending up in completely empty spaces where there was literally nothing to do and it pretty much blew.
- Only Blockbuster in the area that doesn't have Splinter Cell Conviction is the one that I have my combo pass at >:(
- Seinfeld made me hungry for a calzone but I got a stromboli instead. Should be getting here any minute now. Firefox says calzone and stromboli aren't words.
- Borderlands: I wish I would play this more. Totally rushed through it the first time as a solider, and now I've been on playthrough 2 for a few months and made barely any progress. As much as I enjoyed it the first time around, it's a little frustrating having to go through all this stuff a second time, especially since so rarely do I actually get anything better. I just want to get to 50 so I can do Knoxx, is that so much to ask! Plus I started a Brick for playing co-op with a friend and fuuuuuuuuuck I hate that class so much. Every time I play with him I desperately want to start a hunter or siren but then I'd have to go through all the beginning stuff for a FOURTH time and I just don't think I could handle that. Someday though I'm totally going to get all the achievements except maybe Crawmerax and the Mad Moxxie ones and then I'll probably trade it in. How sad is it that I look at games not as something to have fun with but something to complete as much as possible and then trade in to get more games to do the same thing with? That's kind of exaggerating but that's also a little like how it feels sometimes.
- Forza: Same situation as Borderlands, almost. It's a really pleasant game but so much so that I've actually fallen asleep a few times while playing it. Really all I have left to do is grind out seasons and driver levels since those are the achievements that are worth the most, then I'll probably trade it in too. Pathetic!
- Amped 3 would probably be the same situation as the above two, except I really doubt I would get more than like a dollar for trading it in anyway. Maybe if there's one of those "trade in 3 360 games and get a thing" deals and I'm basically done with all of those by then, I could take advantage of that. But who actually cares about any of this at all.
- As much as I love Strange Journey so far and would really like to play past the very beginning of Again, not to mention the tons of other games that'll be arriving soon, I find myself unable to play anything but AlphaBounce. This game is ridiculous, and the dumbest thing is that the more I play it the more I think how it really ISN'T that great a game, what with the inability to see almost all of the giant map you have to move around, the tedium of having to do Breakout level after Breakout level to make any progress, and the complete lack of any kind of info on what any of the powerups/equipment you get can do. But all that said....still absolutely worth $5 dollars if you have a DSi. There's no reason not to get this unless you hate Arkanoid. And who hates Arkanoid.
- Aaaaaaand over the course of today I've talked myself into/allowed others talk me into giving Flower, Sun and Rain a chance after all. Hope I can learn to love it....or can I
- This game AlphaBounce came out on DSiWare and it is badaaaaaassssssssss. Spent like 6 hours playing it today; first DSiWare game I've enjoyed. It's Arkanoid + RPG stuff like moving around a map and equipment (you totally equip stuff to your paddle, it's crazy). Plus sometimes you get so many powerups going that the whole screen is just complete chaos. It seems like it could get super deep and also looks like there's a ton of content, even if it's all basically Arkanoid levels. It's really great.
- Only like 100 points from being able to get the 9 DS game case/stylus thing from Club Nintendo. It's perfect because that's like exactly or almost exactly how many DS games I'm going to have once all this shit comes in the mail. Plus I keep losing styluses and it comes with a ton. Too bad I don't have a Wii so my only source of potential Nintendo points is DS games, which I either buy used or somehow manage to pick the ones that Nintendo chooses not to include points with, so no points there, and DSiWare games which get me a whopping 10 points at a time. Hope I get there before they switch out all the items again!
- Stomach shot in t-minus 6 hours...again. Got delayed a day. Now I know how Weezy felt when there was that fire in the courthouse basement.........
- Speaking of DS adventure games I draw the line at yesterday, I totally left out the most disappointing one of all - Flower, Sun and Rain. Got super excited for that game hearing it was an adventure game by Suda51, who granted I don't actually have that much experience with except for Contact and some of NMH but I like what he stands for more than anything I guess. But then I heard nothing but negative things about it, like how it's really dated and you have to run and backtrack everywhere and it just totally talked me out of wanting to play it. Too bad!
- This new medicine I'm taking lists impulsive behavior as one of the side effects which I guess could explain why I've practically swapped out my entire game collection over the last couple days. Bottle should have read "Warning: may cause extreme desire for DS point and click adventure games"
- So that Jolly Rancher blue raspberry syrup I got earlier...I've had 3/4 of it now. Imagine a bottle probably about half the size of your typical bottle of chocolate syrup; that's the size of this one. And I had 3/4 of that. Of that pure, deadly syrup
- Been going a little crazy getting games lately but I can't help that older DS games are so cheap, plus I got way more credit than I expected from trading in Layton, Dragon Age, ME2, and FF13. Especially Layton. $18 for the original Professor Layton game with no box or manual? I'm not gonna argue with that. Most noticeable trend from my games bought is I freaking love DS adventure games. I've already played Trace Memory, Hotel Dusk, every Ace Attorney plus the Edgeworth one, Professor Layton, and then I've got Again that just came in the mail, and ordered Broken Sword, Time Hollow, AND reordered Contact (not technically an adventure game but still) and Hotel Dusk.
- For DS adventure games I draw the line at the two Touch Detective games and the two Jake Hunter games unless I hear a really good argument in favor of them, because I hear they're terrible, and then also Theresia because I scare easily.
- Adventure love doesn't even stop with the DS! I preordered Sherlock Holmes vs Jack the Ripper which is supposed to be hilarious and great, and also Super Street Fighter IV which is decidedly not an adventure game. AND THEN I've also recently got SMT: Strange Journey (which I looooooooove) and European Picross 3D since I completely cleared all the puzzles in the Japanese one (even though turns out all the puzzles are identical in this one...whoops) AND reordered Picross DS. I swear I'm not rich, far from it really, just gotten pretty good at working out this tradein system over the years.
- I have to get a shot in my stomach in t-minus 6 hours!!!
- Went to Walmart and found that they sell freaking pure blue raspberry Jolly Rancher syrup. It's totally something you'd expect to find only at Walmart but I was so excited. Got it and took a couple swigs of it right away and GOD DAMMIT
- (it was great)
- I later blended it up with some ice which was also great
- Bought and got all 200 on Interpol just to get one S rank closer to finishing that quest set. Pathetic..........yes. I actually enjoyed it a lot more than SOME PEOPLE. It's totally true that the pictures are way too blurry though.
- Really wish I didn't have to watch G4 to see Ninja Warrior. It's all epic this and fail that and UGGGGGGHHHHH SHHHHHUUUUUUUTTTTTT UUUUUUUUPPPPPPPP (Also who the fuck cares about game sales charts from Japan). Also I feel like a hypocrite for liking a show called Ninja Warrior.
- Got the incinerate achievement in ME2 finally so for all intents and purposes I guess I'm done with that game. I figure the Hammerhead missions and the Kasumi stuff, while cool, were enough DLC for me even if they continue to release it.
- Gave up on FF13 finally, and only one chapter from the end apparently! Fuck you all who said it gets better once it opens up! But even once I got past that chapter I still couldn't take any more. Quoth Linkin Park, "I [was] one step closer to the edge...AND I [was] ABOUT TO BREAK!!!!" Also certainly didn't help that the achievements were toooootal shiiiiiiiiit.
- Been off energy drinks for like 6 months now but I'll admit I've been keeping an eye out for Lost the whole time since it's the greatest energy drink ever made. Seems like they disappeared from all gas stations at the exact moment I stopped drinking them. Well anyway I found one today, but it was the only one in the gas station and it was beat to hell and all crusty on the top. And you know what, I still bought it, rinsed it, and drank it and it was so good. But the real point here is that the status of this drink doesn't give me much faith that they aren't discontinued. They probably just found it in a corner in the back of the store. SAD. FACE.
- Passed out in a Vicodin haze on the couch last night, meaning I still haven't done that next to last ME2 achievement (for the record, it's the incinerate one, because fuck the Insanity one)
- Turns out, even though it really didn't come out that long ago relatively, original Animal Crossing's boxart makes me nostalgic and wistful as hellllllllll
- Sparkling apple juice? Good. Sparkling apple-pear juice...NOPE
- Should really play (and by play I mean squeeze every easy achievement out of) Bourne Conspiracy so I can return it and get another game before this Blockbuster combo pass runs out
- Addicted to quest thing already, hence why I'm doing this blog and will also do 18 more. Hope they keep up with updating the quests and it's not a Game Room-type situation
- By the way, Game Room was basically the most disappointing thing ever
- Ate some really good salmon
- Top Chef Masters is bad
Use your keyboard!
Log in to comment