I don't see a thread for Desura trading. Can I offer Steam and Desura keys here?
bronxsta's forum posts
I'm getting Trials but not the Origins or Doom packs.
Will I be restricted in what created tracks I can play?
Let me clarify: without buying Origins of Pain or Riders of Doom, are there custom tracks I can't play? Like if a track is made using Riders of Doom objects, would I be able to play the track? If so, how do you know what tracks you can or can't play?
Or is it like LittleBigPlanet, where all user content is able to be played even if you don't have the DLC content that was used to make the level?
So I loved the sequel but I'm torn between getting the original or Chaos Theory HD
1) Every gameplay vid I've seen shows you dual wielding pistols. Yet in the trailer there was a clip of Nomad only using a single pistol. Is this still possible and if so, how?
2) Can you go prone? I've asked thiston other forums buy never got a definite answer. Some other forums say you can't, yet numerous reviews state that you can go prone. Can anyone finally answer this? Not a deal breaker or anything, but laying a prone a mile away from a enemy camp with sniper rifle is just part of the badass fantasy
3) Any stealth tips? I love stealth and I love open-ended multi-tactic games like Crysis so the level of stealth is important. How or can you do silent kills? How is the AI in responding to stealth tactics? Can you tag enemies like in Crysis 2?
4) After you grab any enemy, can you just drop them or do you have to throw? Because I read that you can choke enemies unconscious, so this would be a good stealth tactic
5) How varied are the environments? I know it's a jungle island, but do enemy bases become more complex than villages or small camps?
In my opinion. the thing that elevates open world games above other genres and, in turn, some open world games above their brethren, are the little details, those immersive emergent moments and things that could so easily be overlooked or ignored altogether, but add life, a sense of realism and unpredictability to the world
Like how in GTA 4, your radio would buzz with static if you made a phone call from inside your car or how the NPCs would take out umbrellas and cover their heads with newspapers when it rained. Or in RDR, when an eagle would swoop down and snatch that rabbit you were about to shoot or how headshots showed the actual entrance and exit wounds. Those types of details, that bring the world alive
So now we have Far Cry 3 and already I've read about some incredible, cool little details and moments. One post mentioned how vultures would descend on a recently killed animal. Another said how enemies would verbally react to wildlife, yelling "Tiger!!" as a tiger emerged from the jungle and swept through the camp
Any other details or emergent moments that you've read about or have seen if you already have the game?