By c0l0nelp0c0rn1 4 Comments
So, my birthday has come up and I plunged my hand into the Steaming waters, and came up with a few oddities I will tell you about here.
- Left 4 Dead 2: This was among the first things I bought from this week's sale, and I gotta say its a whole lot better on PC than 360. I know a lot of you are shaking your heads now and saying "yup, I told you so", and its been duly noted, but I simply didn't have a good computer then and I did have a friend who owned it then. So I borrowed it from him and enjoyed myself immensely. However, you can't beat ten bucks vs. $29.99-$39.99 plus the price for The Passing. So my friend will have to continue playing without me.
- Garry's Mod: Fun as all get out. That's really all I can say about this one....well except for the amazing physics engine, the laundry list of props and ragdolls, the comprehensive suite of tools and your disposal, and some kind of multiplayer, I tell you what! I bought this with L4D2
- Machinarium: Watched the Quick Look, played the demo, haven't touched it, looking forward to it.
- Psychonauts: I played the demo of it, 'twas awesome, and I heard so many good things about it. So I bought it, and I haven't played it a lot. I got past the demo's bit, but that's about it. Also the first mention of psychic powers...unless you count Garry's Mod.
- Beyond Good and Evil: Same with Machinarium minus the Quick Look watching and demo playing. It's like Pokemon Snap right, but with Zelda?
- Second Sight: I've played this one the most out of all my new games. I like it, but I wasn't expecting a Stealth-Action title. Regardless of the unexpected genre, its awesome and broken up into small enough sections for bite-sized play. It also apes Metal Gear in so many wonderful, optional ways. In particular, its confusing story and optional camera angle that is a Metal Gear camera angle. Although the story is confusing, its not because of an overload of information like Metal Gear, but a lack of it that is slowly being revealed to me. Oh, and the enemies are deaf, dumb, and legally blind. There's also psychic powers.
- Left 4 Dead: Basically the same story with L4D2, but with Crash Course instead of The Passing.
- Sam and Max 104 Abe Lincoln Must Die: While not technically part of the Steam sale I only noticed it when the sale was going on. It was worth the price I *ahem* paid to hear an evil Abe Lincoln say "I did not have sex with that woman." Needless to say, I was laughing it up so loud I woke the neighbors. Then they stuck me in their inter-dimensional fridge.
So while Steam has held most of my gaming pleasures this week, I haven't been ignoring my 360. Borderlands and COD2 aren't going to S-rank themselves, afte-
"War is delightful to those who have not experienced it." - Erasmus