Best of 2010
After playing so many damn games, it's really difficult to narrow them down to the ten best, but here's my best attempt.
Ten really isn't enough, so here's another ten games that I feel deserve a mention, but I can't find a place to squeeze them in on my list:
- Darksiders - Best Legend of Zelda clone of 2010.
- Super Street Fighter IV - I'm not much of a fighting game fan, but I really love this game...I just wish I was better at it.
- Blur - A great game that was the victim of bad marketing and a worse release date. Hopefully the guys from Bizarre Creations end up somewhere that they can continue to produce quality games like this one.
- Dead Rising 2 - It's everything you loved about the original...and also most of the stuff you didn't like.
- Bioshock 2 - It's not breaking new ground like its predecessor, but this is a way better game than most people give it credit for being.
- Fallout: New Vegas - If this game hadn't shipped with so many technical issues, it probably would've been in my top ten.
- Pac-Man CE DX - Somehow manages to be even crazier than Pac-Man CE.
- VVVVVV - Not as epic as Super Meat Boy, but it's still a great 2D platformer.
- Digital: A Love Story - The most unique game I've played in an extremely long time. Commit telephone fraud, uncover the secrets of the internet, and HACK THE GIBSON!!
- Starcraft II - Considering that I don't even like RTS games and yet I still got pulled deep into this game is a testament to just how high quality it is. Few games ever approach this level of production value and polish.