By Cloudleet 1 Comments
This friday, like many before it, I was at a mates place, trying out the new SEGA racing-game. Even though it acted like a Mario Kart clone and smelt heavily like lust for money, it was an entertaining game. I'm not saying that the game will jump in my collection anytime soon or anytime at all, but it was a decent timekiller you play at your friends house and maybe once more in the future.
Though the game played ok, and was certainly way better than I'd expected, there were still a few things that irked me.
1) My friend had gotten the 360version of the game and the main sellingplot there was that Banjo & Kazooie were exclusives to this version. Now.... I don't feel that's such a great sellpoint, and I hate when they give console-exclusive characters to games, like Yoda and Darth Vader in Soul Calibur 4, or Spawn, Link and Heihachi (which I still don't get! everyone knows Hworang is the best) in Soul Calibur 2 and not to mention the possibility to play as the Joker in Arkham Asylum for the PS3. But... come on, Banjo & Kazooie?! Yes, they are good characters, and their first game is on my top 30, but as an exclusive?! It doesn't make it acceptable that they are driving in a car you could make in Nuts & Bolts either...
2) What the hell is "Sega Miles" and why do they exist?
3) Even though I won a race or two, the game still counted that as a win to my friend... That's not nice at all!
4) How come AiAi is driving a car and not a motorized ball?
5) Shadow the Hedgehog.... c'mon, can't we all just agree that the real ending to his game was him being shot between the eyes and the developers coming on screen and apologizing for making us sitting through the whole damn game?
and, most importantly;
6) Why would they place Sonic in a car?! This is the fastest hedgehog alive! Why can't he just run?! Why does he have to have a blue little car that sucks when compared to say Ulala's floating iPad? Is it to make it so that not everyone chooses sonic, because if he were running he'd run around the course twice before the enemies came to the first pickups?
What's next? Superman flying coach? Batman taking the bus? Wolverine using band-aids?
Other than that, good game, but not something you wanna use your top bucks on.