@darthorange: gotta tell you
two of your three reasons are pretty weak imo.
passion and the public (and probably fake) persona of an exec are maybe good reasons to work for a company, but they shouldn't aren't good reasons to buy a product. Both are very ephemeral, may just be good PR.
reason#1 Though, is a fantastic reason.
For me the reasons I'll likely buy a PS4 are
- Japanese games exclusives like Deep Down that are unlikely to ever port to PC
- Potential Superior Graphics tech
- Lower Hardware Price
- Dualshock 4 controller
- Larger World-wide install base
- PSN+ value add service
- Gaikai streaming of old games
- PS 1st party games
- Company policies and culture that are pro-consumer (or at least moreso than option B)
- No mandatory Kinect
- Vita x-play
Same here. And then I'm going to buy a Xbone, 'cause I wanna play them all!