By Dalai 1 Comments
If Giant Bomb weren't about games, chances are it would be the #1 source for energy drink news and ridiculous food recipes. If you don't believe me... hamburger. But I don't often talk about the food and drinks, but there are some insane food oddities that are on my wishlist, to put it one way. Before I'm killed by a box of Krispy Kreme doughnuts, here are the 5 concoctions that I need to try before I fade into obscurity.
- The infamous Luther Burger. There are various iterations of the burger, but they have one thing in common: the bun is replaced with glazed donuts. There are a variety of places that serve them, but I'm going for this ballpark creation... because all food is better at the ballpark. Plus, they use Krispy Kreme doughnuts, the ruler of all doughnuts and donuts alike.
- The burger theme continues with the 100 pound burger featured at Denny's Beer Barrel Pub in my home state of Pennsylvania! They serve burgers of all sizes, including a 6-pound burger with 5 pounds of stuff! The massive 100-pound monstrosity is probably supposed to be for a large group, but I'd be honored tp have just a few pounds of that gigantic burger.
- I love deep fried food. I also like butter. But the two together? Deep fried butter? It sounds like the most disgusted thing I could ever possibly consume, but I so want to try it. I'm sure this might become a fair staple by next year. The deep fried Oreo/Twinkie/Snickers/Milky Way somehow made it. By the way, deep fried Oreos are amazing!
- Here are two more things that together don't make any goddamn sense! Chocolate and bacon. Chocolate-covered bacon shouldn't work at all on paper, but for some reason it has become a reality... and a potentially good one, too. I guess covering anything in chocolate will work, right? Chocolate and tripe? Nah!
- Finally, a delicacy that is truly the face of evil, the hamdog. Hot dogs and hamburgers go well together on patriotic holidays, but to combine them into some Frankenstein monster of meat, casings, and condiments... I just have to see this for myself. And someone decided to stick a fucking egg in there, too! Seriously?