Dberg's forum posts

#1 Edited by Dberg (821 posts) -

@lane_ said:

Did some basic math for this one after reading stuff from the Workshop FAQs.

Valve and Bethesda takes 75% which leaves the mod creator getting 25% of the revenue but you have to give Valve your tax information and according to Workshop revenue FAQ, the may take 0 to 30 percent as tax. The same FAQ says also that you must earn at least hundred dollars to actually getting the money. This seems highly favorable to the companies involved. You have to be able to sell your mod for 400 dollars to be actually paid and you may still have to pay 30 dollars as taxes from your share. So your 400 dollar sales may actually turn out to be 70 bucks. Which would be 17,5%. So depending on the taxation, creator gets only 17,5 to 25 percent.

"Introducing New Ways to Support Workshop Creators"... yes, but mainly you support big companies and that makes me a bit sad about this.

25-75 split for Steam hosting your mod. Hahaha, no. Fuck that. I'm all for content creators making something off of their content, but this is stupid.

#2 Posted by Dberg (821 posts) -

As interesting as this news is, I expect the Kojima Curse will strike again. The rules of nature will bend as forces beyond our understanding conspire to make Kojima make Metal Gears until the end of time. And every one of them will be his last.

#3 Posted by Dberg (821 posts) -

Have fun making survival sims for the rest of your lives, Star Wars Galaxy killers.

Come to think of it, SWG was a survival sim done right. Huh. Ah well, whatever.

#4 Edited by Dberg (821 posts) -

It's a video game. A video game in which disturbing things happen with video game characters. You're supposed to be disturbed by the disturbing things, that is the right and healthy response to a disturbing thing.

On the other hand, if you don't like being disturbed, don't play it. We as consumers don't need babysitting. Damn it, Australia.

#5 Posted by Dberg (821 posts) -

This was a really scary headline to find on my favourite website. Glad to see GB isn't ending, sad to see Klepek go. Have a good new year, man.

#6 Edited by Dberg (821 posts) -

This is storm in a water jar.

It's non pornographic nudity we're talking about. It's not going to harm anyone, just the notion that it would is way more offensive than those images. On the other hand, the quick and dirty fix is just to shade all the scans into dark silhouettes. It'll still feel like you're intruding on the immigrants' privacy and you'll still have something to try and judge their gender from. So it's a silly thing to get worked up about.

#7 Edited by Dberg (821 posts) -

I can't really say I care any more. I donated, and I got a pretty good documentary out of it. The actual game was not my cup of tea, and the rate at which it's coming out has soured me on Kickstarter.

#8 Posted by Dberg (821 posts) -

According to early beta reports, this is another bag of bugs with a game attached to it.

#9 Edited by Dberg (821 posts) -

@forteexe21 said:

Remember to vote for Yoshi's #1 fan.

http://thegameawards.com/nominees/

"Trending gamer" is the sort of terrible label I have no problem with a tween idol from youtube winning. ...or Jeff. Alright, it's on. I'm voting.

#10 Edited by Dberg (821 posts) -

@giant_gamer said:

@forteexe21: i don't think that it's a 2-3 hour game unless you know what to do and you are speedrunning. Overall the game is good, fun to play and provide a great amount of content to replay it.

For its asking price, i think it delivered more than enough.

Sure, but we didn't know that going in. There were 7 or 8 different characters from which you could only pick 3, and we knew they'd have some personalized areas. That heavily implied that we were supposed to play through multiple times. It would've been better received if they had said from the get-go: This is a one playthrough game at about the length of Journey, pick the people you think look cool. Fire and forget. At that point, its only weakness would have been the stiff and slow traversal. There wasn't really anything wrong with the writing or presentation.

I suppose Journey is a bad example because it offered a lot on the second play through. Uncover more of the world, help other players and upgrade your robe. You get the idea though.