By DonPixel 0 Comments
So I’ve been playing this morning level 14 already, this are my thoughts:
- Sometimes innovative design is counter-intuitive, but that is point; if the changes were obvious, everyone would do them. Reading some of the key design choices as bullet points for TitanFall make for a eyebrow raise: bots? parkour? Mechs vs Infantry?
- TitanFall is a delicate balance between all their parts, There is no fillers, no bullet point features to sell the game. It does feels the content is lacking when you read it: only 3 mechs, 6v6, etc. However, they all put together make for a fun formula that allow you to succeed with various layers of skill:
- You can play smart and farm grunts, which actually farming them has a nice tactical layer to it, you can easily have tunnel vision and get killed over and over again, I do find really smart the way they distribute along the map. When they said they were like minions in a Moba, I literally imagine them running from one corner to the map to the center like hamsters, noup.. they infact are positioned in the maps hot-spots, The more you farm the more you risk yourself.
-Infantry vs Mech: Playing against a mech its fun, a hide and seek game, its all about awareness, map positioning and being clever.
-Mech vs Mech/Infantry: It feels like a time against the clock, you know you are the center of attention and you want to do as much damage as possible before that prick rodeo you finally doom your mech to death. Pure adrenaline for me. The titans controls and tune is pretty well done, the dash and the vortex field are key pieces to succeed in a Titan, it’s all about the timing.
-So basically in a 10min match I feel like I played 3 different matches with different challenges that force me to think differently, that is a good stuff in a videogame.
- IMO TitanFall level design is just genius, it is the key for the subtle balance between mechs and pilots, The map design allows for basically 2 multiplayers game to be happening at once. The buildings scale position allow for pilots to be insidious bugs biting the Titans heels, and while in a Titan the city scale turn the map into a more classic close quarter map, it is all about the scale.
-Yeah, it is pretty good.
- I’m guy who like the way CS:GO and TF2 looks... so mhee don’t care for visuals, they are functional, a bit bland but in some sense I think it is a good thing because there is so much stuff going on all the time... a saturated environment would subtract for the experience, that is my perception but is hard to tell really.
-Technical Stuff that Matters: Frame rate feels consistent even when shit goes crazy, hit detection is source engine good(so yeah is good), and there is the usual lag spike here and there, For a beta thou, feels polished as fuck.. I mean after BF4, I guess the bar is low now.
I’m level 3 on PC, and lvl 14 on XBOX One, as I said I’m not a big “visuals quality” guy, they both look kind of the same to me honestly, said so and weird enough I’m kinda leaning towards the Xbox one version. Mostly because the parkour feels better with a control according to me. On PC It got to a point I get a little bit deezy.. (even with 90 degree FOV), but that is probably just me being old now.
So that’s it, I like it a lot..