By Dpower94 2 Comments
So, as a fifteen year old kid, there comes that time of year every December when the games you're asking for for Christmas must be decided on. With receiving Halo 3 last year, the doors were FINALLY busted wide open for playing M-rated games. It used to be quite a bummer when the new "b est game" would come out every year and be M-rated, making it off limits to me. But NOT THIS YEAR, BUDDY. Now, the full spectrum of games is out there waitin for me. So, with that in mind, I thought I'd share what I'm gonna be playin come January, and what I won't be playing. I hope you take upon yourself to:
- Let me see the light on other games I should be playing.
- Tell me why I'm an idiot for not playing the games I'm not playing.
- Praise my high-quality choices. Even though there's like four.
- Batman: Arkham Asylum: After hearing the ridiculous amounts of praise coming from this game, I decided I really did need to play it. I played the demo a while back and thought it was alright, nothing special though. However, with the Southern man himself Bradley Shoemaker playing this game after all, I feel like I'll be left out YET AGAIN if I don't. I don't think anyone else I know has this game anyway, so I'll be like special in some way. Yay special.
- Silent Hill: Shattered Memories: God DAMN this game looks interesting. Between the quick look and the recent bombcast discussion, I was thoroughly interested by almost everything this game has to offer. I'm not into scary stuff most of the time, but this seems too creepy/weird to pass up. I really dig the cell phone usage and the random weird stuff, like the echoes and sound bites. Plus, with the changing environments and such I feel like if I really do like it I can get a lot of playthroughs out of it.
- Forza 3: I'm just way into customization. Nuff said i believe. But also, cars. Burnout Paradise doesn't last forever, you know.
- DJ Hero: First of all, it seems like this game needs some love, because it didn't get much at launch. But most importantly, I really like hip-hop music and I really like Daft Punk, so that qualifies me for this game pretty much. I played the game at Best Buy and felt sorta like a badass DJ while playing it, which is exactly how I wanna feel at all times. The mixes seem high-quality as well, and I think the random "red button" shout outs seem like a cool way to add your personal touch to the mixes. I'm probably the only one though. By the way, Daft Punk is awesome.
- Wii Sports Resort: YO, YOU CAN SWORDFIGHT. Oh, and it comes with this Motionplus thing too. That seems sorta cool.
So while I'm playing those in the midst of the cold, snowy winter, here are the games I will NOT be playing.
- Assassin's Creed II: I never played the first one, and I'm SLIGHTLY interested in this game, but I don't know, It's just not doin it for me. Maybe when I get a TV in my room I'll play it, but other than that I don't feel it. Convince me wrong if you want to.
- Halo 3: ODST: I used to want this game, but that was before I got sick of Halo and only wanted to play MW2. It doesn't offer much to those not already far invested into the Halo universe in my opinion, and I feel that a new game should come before an old one with stuff I may never use.
- Any PS3 exclusives: I don't have a PS3. However, I have a Wii.
- Ace attorney INVESTIGATIONS: Miles Edgeworth: I'm a HUGE Phoenix Wright fan, but I can't stand the idea that this game is about investigation and crime
- scene stuff. I wanna shout OBJECTION! In the game, and also OBJECTION! at the concept of this game. Neither will be fulfilled if I buy it.
- Dragon Age: Origins: This game sounds amazing, to be honest, but I don't even have the time to play some quick Modern Warfare, let alone a 70-hour RPG. I'm not into micromanagement either, so the crazy amounts of that with all it's upgrades don't appeal to me at all. Plus, I don't have a TV in a nice private place, so the whole "boning" agenda in the game would be super awkward to do. The day has yet to come when I play a Bioware RPG.
- Red Faction: Guerilla: I bring this up only to state the fact that I'm not entirely seduced by everything the guys say on the podcast, so I'm not playing this game. It looks sorta cool, though. I'm changing my mind as I write this. Holy crap. No! NOOOOOOOOOOOO! *Looks up on google* Wait, ok, it has hella swearing. That's not gonna work out in my living room with my little brother and sister. Foiled again by not having a TV.