Smackdown chat: http://tinychat.com/3o2b9
DrX25's forum posts
WWE is poking the Glenn Beck Bear:
Following his criticism over the portrayal of WWE Superstars Jack Swagger and Zeb Colter, WWE has extended a formal invitation to talk show host and political commentator Glenn Beck to appear on this week’s episode of Monday Night Raw.
WWE’s invitation stems from Beck’s recent segment in which he discussed the ongoing rivalry between World Heavyweight Champion Alberto Del Rio, No. 1 contender Swagger and his self-styled mentor Colter. In the segment, Beck specifically directed his comments toward the character of Swagger, recently reinvented as a xenophobic “Real American” who delivers anti-immigration “State of the Union” addresses as the antagonist to the Mexican hero Del Rio. Beck inferred that Swagger’s persona, along with that of Colter as his mentor, would offend WWE’s “conservative” fan base. Beck also referenced WWE as “stupid wrestling people” in the segment, which aired Thursday on The BlazeTV.
WWE is in the entertainment business, creating characters and stories that revolve around our Superstars as well as culturally significant current events. Given Mr. Beck’s comments, WWE is formally extending an invitation to him to address our 14 million weekly viewers and global fan base — as well as the live audience of the WWE Universe — on WWE programming this Monday night. We look forward to Mr. Beck’s reply and the opportunity to have him on Raw.
Guys...what if there was a super group consisting of Mark Henry, Prime time players, and JTG?
So a new Nation of Domination?
Also, people are saying that The Rock is advertised for Extreme Rules in St. Louis on May 19 (It's on Prowrestling.net, but I can't see it on WWE.com or the Scottrade Center's website.)
- Alberto Del Rio opened the show and talked about Swagger's new personal views. He calls him out, but Randy Orton shows up instead. Randy wants to face Jack Swagger. Booker T comes out and makes Swagger/Orton and Del Rio/Barrett.
- Sheamus defeated Damien Sandow with the Brogue Kick.
- Kaitlyn and Layla defeated Aksana and Tamina when Kaitlyn speared Tamina.
- Backstage segment with Zeb, Swagger and Barrett. Zeb said that Barrett was part of "The Problem" and hoped that Barrett and Del Rio would kill each other tonight.
- Jack Swagger (w/ Zeb Colter) defeated Randy Orton with The Roll-Up of Doom. Zeb was getting cheered by the crowd (By the way, the show was taped in Biloxi, Mississippi).
- Another trailer for Dead Man Down aired, which led to a backstage segment where Sheamus mocked Barrett's acting skills and Barrett mocked Sheamus for losing to The Shield.
- The Miz defeated Cody Rhodes with the Figure-Four Leglock.
- Immigration promo from Zeb and Swagger.
- Fandango promo aired.
- Alberto Del Rio defeated Wade Barrett. Zeb and Swagger watched the match from the stage. After the match, Swagger and Del Rio had a stare down to close the show.
Also, this was shown at one point during the show (as an APP APP APP Exclusive):
Cody face turn? Kaitlyn heel turn? Pointless segment that'll never be brought up again?
By the way, none of the Raw guys are at the Smackdown taping since they're on their way to the Middle East (The Divas are there since they can't work in that part of the world).
Saturday Morning Slam Spoilers:
- Natalya defeated AJ Lee.
- Daniel Bryan defeated Wade Barrett. Kane was on commentary.
- Sin Cara defeated Drew McIntyre.
- The Funkadactyls (Cameron and Naomi) defeated Natalya and Alicia Fox.
Main Event Cliffsnotes:
- The announcers were Miz and Cole.
- Show opened the show and moaned about losing at EC and blamed Booker T. He said he was facing the locker room.
- Big Show defeated The Usos.
- Big Show defeated Brodus Clay.
- Big Show defeated The Great Khali.
- The Miz defeated Big Show by count out when Miz dropkicked him out of the ring and Show just left.
- Brad Maddox was interviewed. He called him and Vicky running Raw the Bicky Era.
- They showed the Swagger/Zeb video again.
- Justin Gabriel was interviewed and was interrupted by Titus O'Neil.
- Justin Gabriel defeated Titus O'Neil.