By fraser 1 Comments
SUP GIANT BOMB.
I've been off the blogging scene for a few weeks (work piling up, Playstation breaking). So I thought I'd just do a blog of what's been going on, because, you know, I'm an egotistical twenty-something.
1. GAME THINGS
- New PS3 - I spent a while this week weighing up my options after the terrible YLOD incident. This afternoon I bought a new 160gb model from Amazon UK. £196 for the console and a Dual Shock 3 (yus, rumble!) with free trigger attachments for the L2 and R2 (xboxing my playstation yo) which I'm interested to try. Also had Dead Space 2 Limited Edition for £15 if bought with the new system, and as I was looking for this anyway, thought why not. £213 hit to my wallet overall. Here's to 4 weeks of soup!
- I'm jumping on the Dead Island band-wagon. Well, lets say I'm jumping on the potential of Dead Island bandwagon. If they keep the depressing desperation of the launch trailer I'm on board, but if it turns out to just be an atmospheric trailer (a la Gears of War) that bares little resemblance to the final product, I'll be pretty disappointed. Dead Rising on a beach may sound fun, but there's too much promise in that trailer. DON'T LET ME DOWN.
- If your computer crashes whilst playing Minecraft it may delete your save. There goes my floating wooden castle in the sky! At least during those long 40 hours I also had Star Trek: The Next Generation on, so it wasn't entirely a total waste of my time!
- Flat is being painted against our will. THANKS LANDLORD.
- Essays due next week are hurting my head.
- Off home next weekend for free food and girlfriend seeing.
- Wheat Crunchies are fucking awesome. I'm crisping like it's 1997.
- After contributing a Wolf Parade track to this thread, I followed a link to No Children by The Mountain Goats. I am now listening to a lot of The Mountain Goats, and you should too!
- Yi Yi by Edward Yang is still perhaps the best film ever made.
- I enjoy this webcomic more than any webcomic ever in the webcomic history of webcomics. Also webcomics;
On that note, if anyone has any suitably depressing webcomics, hit me up!