By FunExplosions 2228 Comments
Server status: [Online]
HEY EVERYONE X2, FUCK
Server is brand new again! Again! And again!
- Must be 18 or older.
- Must be a member of Giant Bomb. Must have been a member for more than a month. Don't tell your cousin's nephew about the server; I won't add him. Ask me, and maybe I'll make an exception. They still need to be 18 or older.
- Don't touch other people's things unless given permission by them.
- Do not build view-destroying sky castles or sky bridges.
- Don't pour lava from high places, it's ugly and difficult to manage. Don't build your name out of blocks. Don't build a giant stickman taking a piss. Don't build something really out-of-character near or in someone's themed town.
- Do not attempt to deconstruct others' works if you feel they have broken the rules. Tell me, then I'll look into it.
- Do not pester or bully new users.
- Do not burn trees down. Fire spreads.
- If you leave the server for over a month and have a project that is unfinished and that blocks usable space, then it will be taken down, unless a sign is erected saying when you will be back.
- Minecart tracks are to be built at least 15 blocks underground, so as to not disrupt the view or clutter up possible building space (kinda like the real world), unless your project makes more sense above ground. Ask if you're unsure.
- Portals do indeed work, and they take you to the Nether, but please refrain form building too many. There are a couple set up in each major city, but too many and things will get out of control.
- Have common sense.
If you're wondering why there's a rule against this, it comes from me playing the game awhile. Basically: every new user wants to create a floating city, or a railway, or an air-bridge, or a floating castle. In moderation, they could be great (and yours could be one of the good ones), but in reality, every single person has given up on them, in the process creating a really generic hunk of view-destroying rock. It's basically just me trying to keep the server looking nice.
This may seem confusing at first. Basically, you can build wherever you want, as long as there's room, and as long as you don't disturb anyone's stuff. If you're unsure about building something somewhere, just ask around.
How to Get in
- Read the rules above. Private message me questions if you have them.
- I'd prefer a private message, but you could just comment here and request to be whitelisted. Make sure you tell me your Minecraft name!
- Put 18.104.22.168 into the "Multiplayer" section from Minecraft's main menu; put whatever you want for the name of the server.
Up close on a familiar image:
Built entirely by YoctoYotta
For the May 8th world map, click here!
Credit goes to tompsweeney (Massif on the forums) for using his programming wizardry to render this beast.
This post was updated the 6th of October, at 9:38 p.m. PDT