By fuzzay 5 Comments
When I'm sitting at home, being lazy and such while watching TV, I tend to play some PSP which I bought all the way back when it first came out for some reason. Because I want to actually pay some attention to the television, I tend to spend most of the time playing sports games for a variety of reasons. These reasons are as follows:
1. I don't need to own multiple televisions to play Dynasty Mode while watching the news.
2. Stories are hard to follow when there's generally a more engaging one on the television.
3. The long loading times of sports games give me an opportunity to pay closer attention to what's on TV.
3. I'm allowed to pay more attention to my precious Simpsons re-runs instead of my players frantically hitting each other on-screen.
5. The PSP has preeeeeetty colors.
These reasons are all good, but unfortunately, its led me to the conclusion that I'm terribly addicted to piss-poor sports titles.
Because help me, there's nothing that should be enduring about a bastardized version of NHL 2007 from its console brethren. I mean, this is a game that won critical acclaim as a 360 title, yet remains indistinguishable from NHL 2004 (and believe me, I own that one too). NBA Live 07 is just ridiculously outdated as well. Gretzky NHL was reeeally bad. And Madden still sucks...
Yet, here I am, remote in hand, PSP in other, left eye focusing on screen, right eye focusing on the other. And... I...... can't........ stop............... BAGHSGSJLA
On the plus side, MLB '06: The Show was pretty good (boy, I sure need to get updated on my sports)