last night when I went to Blightown for the first time. The toxic combined with losing 13k souls really crushed my drive to finish that are up. I however beat that area this morning, so now all is good.
Goboard's forum posts
Since I haven't played any yet today I'll just post what I did yesterday
- Went to the forest to farm toxic cure moss for Blightown
- Met the crystal guys and ran crying when the Hydra starting shooting at my across the entire level
- Went down an elevator in the forest, saw a Drake and ran like a bitch back to the elevator.
- Went back to Blightown after getting the spider shield (Its a must in order to survive)
- made it to the first bonfire on the bridge in Blightown and died multiple times trying to get down the ground floor
- Made it to the ground floor and died repeatedly until I found out the Shadow armor is fantastic for surviving the poison.
- Tried to find the boss/bonfire and with no luck died several times losing a total of 13k souls.
- gave up for the night
- Found out that I needed to go right instead of left to get to the second bonfire and feel like an idiot for not trying a different direction.
Beat the Capra Demon and use the key he drops to open the door in the alleyway below the area that you fight him in. That will take you to the depths. After you get to the depths you need to beat the giant gaping dragon. It'll give you a key that opens a set of double doors that will take you to Blightown. From there you will begin to really hate this game because Blightown is a bitch! Don't know what else to say because I'm still stuck on Blightown.
@CptBedlam: Well I dont think they are entirely aversive to a challenge its just that Dark Souls takes the idea of a challenging game to the Nth degree. Considering their job consists of playing tons of games for purposes not entirely related to having fun, if they are going to spend their free time playing a game they are most likely going to choose one that they will enjoy and be able to get through. It also doesn't help that people focus on the soul crushing difficulty of the game but not the immense feeling of triumph you get when you finally topple that obstacle that caused you to die dozens of times over that past hour.
I only had one chance to fight them last night, but I found that going claymore or any large weapon on that fight seems highly improbable after the second one joins in. Mind telling us what type of play-style your going for so we can tailor any advice to it.
I never played Demon Souls, but knowing what it was and how it played really interested me so thats why I ended up picking up Dark Souls. Starting it up I wasn't too sure how I would take to it and whether the constant death and struggle would get to me but it wasn't until I beat the Boss in the Asylum that I realized just how great this game can be.
So there I was still learning the controls and in a fit of fear and lapse of judgement I hit X three times in a row using all the remaining flasks I had. One hit away from death I tried to roll out of the way of a sweep by the boss but was unable to evade it. Seeing my health bar plummet I feared the worst and thought that I had died. To my surprise I had a infinitesimally small amount of health left. The boss only needed two hits to be felled and so I rushed in after I mad a powerful forward slam and swung twice killing him. I then open up my character stats page to check my health and I was stunned to find that my health had been at 1. At that point I realized just how much better the sense of victory and success is in this game compared to the constant death and failure. It was a moment of clarity for me that made me realize just how much I am going to and already do love this game.
Thats my story anyways, If anyone else had a similar experience so far I'd love to hear about them. Maybe we should create a thread specifically for these because I'd be really interested to hear about all of your close call experiences.