GreyFoxV1's forum posts

  • 32 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
#1 Edited by GreyFoxV1 (66 posts) -
@pr1mus said:

Definitely better than Google. It's a big step in preventing a monopoly for one thing. All twitch really needs is the financial backing to improve its infrastructures and not get demolished in court in the inevitable lawsuits it will face and Amazon can do that as well as google. And unlike google, not everything amazon touches turns into actual shit. That last one is a big plus.

This is essentially my thought on it too. If Google snapped them up it would have given Google a dominating lead on internet streaming across the planet so Amazon buying up Twitch means more competition. Whether that harms or benefits Twitch in the long run remains to be seen.

#2 Posted by GreyFoxV1 (66 posts) -

I'm so glad I sold my key for this game in exchange for Assassins Creed: Black Flag. It seems like such a bust especially with such a shitty protagonist.

#3 Posted by GreyFoxV1 (66 posts) -

@nmarchan said:

I hate everything about the pre-order DLC business model. There is literally zero upside for the consumer.

I wish more people understood this. We have almost no benefit besides a funny hat or some small inconsequential mission that guarantees the company $40-60 of our money on our gamble.

#4 Edited by GreyFoxV1 (66 posts) -

99% of the Internet has been nothing but nice to me, even when it’s a backhanded compliment. It’s easy to focus on that 1%. That 1% is vile, hateful, spiteful, jealous, mean, and would likely be as venomous in a public place as they are with a badge of anonymity. Many are probably teenagers who will grow up and learn to regret their ignorant actions, but some of them aren’t, and those are the people who scare me the most. But I can’t spend my day worrying about the 1%. I wake up every day trying to make the other 99% happy.

Damn Patrick when did you become an internet sage? That was kind of beautiful..

#5 Posted by GreyFoxV1 (66 posts) -

Peter Moore really comes off as the worst kind of marketing shill.

#6 Edited by GreyFoxV1 (66 posts) -

@alibson said:

Giant Bomb is my number one stop for extremist feminist propaganda.

@Skeezard said:

Patrick is the Britta of the GiantBomb crew

@TwoSe7enFive said:

Here we go again ...

WE.GET.IT!!!! Bad taste. Female form bad. Video game marketing evil.

I'm really getting tired of this progressive bull-shit.

@Carousel said:

My eyes are glazed over.

Why do you do this to me, Patrick?

It's good to see Giant Bomb's comment section is full of such well informed and thoughtful people who try to raise the bar of contributing to discussions.

#7 Posted by GreyFoxV1 (66 posts) -

If anyone needs a clear example of what a pervasive problem this is not just inside the industry but with video gamers themselves just look at all of the people in this thread trying to rationalize this issue away.

#8 Posted by GreyFoxV1 (66 posts) -

My money is on it being cancelled if it does air. FOX is extremely frugal when it comes to 1 hour time slots and show budgets so unless this show explodes I'm betting it will be cancelled within a season due to the budget or show length. EA should have put this on HBO.

#9 Posted by GreyFoxV1 (66 posts) -

@djames216 said:

I know a lot of people left Windows XP behind long ago but there are still people out there like myself that still use it. The main reasons I haven't upgraded yet is because of cost and I saw no real reason to bother from a functionality/efficiency standpoint. Upon downloading the Demo for XCOM: Enemy Unknown, I realised that the game is not compatible with Windows XP, you need Vista or later. I just wanted to put that out there for the benefit of other XP users who may have considered buying the game. I'm not looking for a discussion on the benefits of getting Windows 7 or whatever, I am well aware of how good it can be. I just simply can't afford to right now because I'm unemployed.

I do believe the Steam page states that XP is not supported in a bright orange box.

#10 Posted by GreyFoxV1 (66 posts) -

@neverdeed said:

editing an ini file and slapping on a d3d9 processing dll is not "modding" and it wasnt 23 minutes, he had the pirated version and clearly was using an illegal copy for atleast a day

There is nothing to suggest this but even if he did who gives a shit? He helped fix an issue with the game.

  • 32 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4