By GunstarRed 0 Comments
Not really anything special about that, but I wanted to say some things about games I have played recently, games I plan to play in the near future, films, toys, other things and plans for a blog that are just over a year old. I guess I will start with the blog part. I wrote out Some early blogs last year when I decided I wanted a "thing" on this site, I started following a bunch of people and reading the popular ones on the site and wondered what the thing I was going to do would be about. I decided that they would A. be short , (like a handful of paragraphs) B. be about the art in games (not games as art, that would just be silly.) and C. I was going to draw a picture however mediocre I am at art summing up my week in games to attach to it. I made a banner and everything... I never really knew what to do with it so it eventually just became the header on my now deactivated Facebook. I have a couple of fully written ones I was never fully happy with. One about Street Fighter and another about the sad, nightmarish world of the deceptively cute ilomilo. Either way I'm gonna think on it and hopefully my "thing" will be a "thing" and it will help me get better at writing of fail miserably.
* I really, really, really, really want to play Sleeping Dogs. I know it's cool I have played a handful of fights in someone else's game (beat up a bunch of dudes in a karaoke bar) on the PC. I actually have it on this PC, but it really struggles to run and if I'm going to play a game for that long I'd like achievements or something (something I like to tell everyone I'm over, but still mildly care about)
* Over halfway in Max Payne 3. I think it's a cool game, really stylish, really great gunfights that feel so good because of all the the scenery flying about ( I Loved the mission in the offices) I like the storytelling and the Rockstarry-ness. I have no real attachment to the older games.
* Proffesor Layton & The Miracle Mask is a great game also. The game was given away with new 3DS XL's and I'd only played a little bit of the first DS game and found myself stumped really early on. I like the silly British accents (very "Brad") and I've managed seven puzzles without using a guide, so I feel far less thicker than I did with the other game. I'd love to get into these games as I love the storytelling and the old, innocent anime vibe it gives off.
* The original Mega Man is a total motherfucker.
* I ordered my first game of 2013... Devil May Cry which looks cool, I'm a big fan of Ninja Theory's storytelling and I kinda like the new Dante.
*The next games I assume I will be ordering are. Ni No Kuni, Metal Gear Rising (Demo is cool as hell) and Aliens even though I think it looks kinda lame. (Favourite movie ever! *sigh*)
* I have ordered a Lego Batman set with Aquaman in it, I find it utterly absurd he has a proper figurine and The Green Lantern and The Flash do not.
* The new issues of the Batman comic by Scott Snyder are fantastic, what an amazing version of The Joker. I am also a fan of Batman & Robin, I find Damian Wayne to be fascinating. A murderous 11 year old Robin is kinda great!
* The Total Recall remake is terrible.
* An ex girlfriend of mine might possibly, maybe, definitely, certainly be one of the most terrible people on this planet.
* Leon is a better film with the extra bits in it. (Jimmy Saville would have loved it.)
* Jennifer Connelly in The Rocketeer is the loveliest being in the entire world.
* I totally had more to say about games, but got really, really sidetracked.