By Hailinel 0 Comments
I've had Soul Calibur IV in my PS3 for a little over a week now, and my god, the character creation tool in that game is awesome. Even better is that you never really know what you'll run into when you play online. Earlier tonight, I fought against Nephenee from Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn. I was so impressed by the design that I sent my opponent a message after the match (the new in-game XMB is actually pretty useful) to compliment him on it, and we ended up adding each other to our friends lists. Pretty cool.
The encounter also left me inspired, and I ended up using the character creation tool to create replicas of two other Fire Emblem characters; Titania and Mist. These characters are joining a growing line-up of character replicas and originals that I'm having a lot of fun just building. Some of my favorites thus far:
- Mitsuru Kirijo from Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3.
- Agrias Oaks from Final Fantasy Tactics.
- Rin Shirosaki from Ouendan 2.
- Several characters from a story I've been working on.
- Samson from Cho Aniki.
- A demonic version of Xianghua (had to go for a full custom version since the ability to edit standard characters is extremely limited. Also, yes, a demonic Xianghua. Why not?
- Hilde dressed in a rather fetching golfer's outfit, complete with her joke weapon, 18th Hole.
- Cecil from Final Fantasy IV (though I definitely want to go back and tweak him since he was one of my earlier efforts).
There's a lot of potential for more insanity, and the options just keep growing as I unlock more gear. If I had a digital camera, I'd definitely try sharing some of my creations in visual form. What sort of madness have you all concocted?