By HairyMike87 0 Comments
I'll try to go in order that the presentation went. Just going to make bullets and some quick thoughts on these unveilings.
- The specs seem like they are going to be really good for multitasking capabilities. x86 cpu, 8gb gddr5 ram and high end gpu seem like a logical step forward after the cell wasn't too great. I wonder how this thing looks and if it'll collect dust or be loud while cooling?
- Dualshock 4 looks good. Nothing too special. Share button seems appropriate. No touchscreen demo though.
- Knack looked like a fun game for kids. New IP's are always nice to see.
- Video recording and sharing makes sense. Don't know how much you can record, but those who do Let's Play's on YouTube already have their own equipment. If they don't have component cables on this thing, then they have a more closed way to stream that hinders those who do not have an HDMI recorder of some sort.
- The new system UI looks sleek. Kind of reminds me of the Dashboard on Xbox, but has everything you want on it with no ads.
- Gaikai video streaming and downloading tech is really interesting. Having the ability to play games while downloading is such a huge step forward for consoles. Having the ability to let someone help you out in your game online made my eyes open wide with surprise. Spectating seems cool too.
- Remote play with Vita. If you have a Vita I'm sure you like this.
- Ustream partnership for live streaming is cool, but I think Microsoft could nab Twitch and have a leg up on this. If Twitch gets support on the PS4 later on, that would be cool. I actually have streaming equipment and if you are not a pro gamer or have been streaming for years, it's hard to get noticed. This is cool for your friends list I guess.
- Every Playstation game past and maybe present available in the cloud to stream eventually seems logical.
- Killzone was the right demo to show first. Get the fps out of the way. Looked really nice, but Killzone has no appeal to me after forcing myself to finish 2.
- Driveclub probably has all the features you want in a car game.
- Infamous Second Son looked great. Have zero interest in playing it at all. After the first one, the second felt like the same game. I'm interested to see if they take it in another direction.
- I was surprised to see Jonathan Blow on a Sony stage. The Witness looks interesting. 25 hour long puzzle game seems a bit long, but I think he is capable of making it great.
- Some tech shown off by the people who made Heavy Rain. Forgot the company name.
- Media Molecule makes cool games that can't get me interested in them. After trying Little Big Planet and noticing that creation was a big part of it, I lost interest. Maybe that's why Minecraft and creation games don't appeal to me.
- Capcom shows the Panta Rhei engine and Deep Down. Wow! That looked really nice. Probably the best eye candy of that presentation in my opinion.
- Square Enix shows the Final Fantasy trailer from before along with some extended cut. Looked nice, but not a surprise.
- Watch Dogs has to be the most exciting game I've seen in a while. I'm sure it'll have some boring main story you'll have to force yourself through, but the appealing thing to me is just exploring the city and manipulating the environment to your advantage. Looks like a really fun game.
- Blizzard comes out and announces Diablo 3 for PS3 and 4. I already bought it on PC and have it tied to my battle.net account. If I can connect it to my console and play it on there for free, then that's cool. I'm not buying it again and I kind of regret buying it because many people don't play anymore.
- Destiny looks great. I wonder if PS3 and 4 gamers can play together. That would be interesting. I can't wait to see more of it.
I would have liked to have seen more of the social features in terms of voice chat to see if they have a party chat like system. Other than that I was pretty impressed. I'm still on the fence about new consoles in general because my friends are building PCs now and you can do a lot more on a PC. I'm looking forward to more information on the PS4 soon.