Shadowy Cabal Podcast - Ep 15 - Not On Rails

I was on a podcast with Peter Molyneux

 
   
Host Jazz once again grabs hold of the wheel and steers the conversation through L.A Noire, inFAMOUS 2, Frozen Synapse, X-Men: First Class, Super 8, Thor and a Russian Ezio. He's joined by the last one out of a party, TurboMan, perpetually drunk Irishman Deadglove and Sliders aficionado HS21.  
 

  
 
Ask us a question for the podcast at   www.formspring.me/HS21        
Download the podcast here. (Right Click -> Save As)  
34 Comments
35 Comments
Posted by HS21

I was on a podcast with Peter Molyneux

 
   
Host Jazz once again grabs hold of the wheel and steers the conversation through L.A Noire, inFAMOUS 2, Frozen Synapse, X-Men: First Class, Super 8, Thor and a Russian Ezio. He's joined by the last one out of a party, TurboMan, perpetually drunk Irishman Deadglove and Sliders aficionado HS21.  
 

  
 
Ask us a question for the podcast at   www.formspring.me/HS21        
Download the podcast here. (Right Click -> Save As)  
Posted by Claude

Someone left the door open. HS21 is back in the house.

Posted by HS21
@Claude said:

Someone left the door open. HS21 is back in the house.

The world outside is not on rails. 
Posted by Afroman269

Hey, it's that guy again.

Posted by beej

Oh, THAT GUY HUH?

Posted by EuanDewar

Ahh its sausagefest all over again.

Online
Posted by Jazz

shut up

Posted by FCKSNAP

Well fuck.

Posted by Example1013

Ql BEEEEENS

Posted by Afroman269

This is going quite well.

Posted by FunExplosions

I'm 15 seconds in. Jazz sounds like a baby in this one.

Posted by HS21
@Snapstacle said:

Well fuck.

Come on next time, we'll tell UC3 beta stories, like the time where we couldn't get into a game, or the time our games froze, oh oh and that time the game slowed to like 5 fps until I restarted my PS3. Patch today fixed it all though, had two silky smooth games.  
 
@Afroman269 said:

This is going quite well.

DAMN IT.
Edited by Yummylee

For future reference, I am not Ze.  
 
EDIT: Also any U3 beta talk cannot, shall not commence without me! :o

Posted by Afroman269

I'm down for telling UC3 beta stories. I only played 1 game and I kinda miss the feel of UC2's controls.

Posted by Example1013

Well, I guess I should get in on this UC3 beeta thing.

Posted by Red12b
@Abyssfull said:
For future reference, I am not Ze.   EDIT: Also any U3 beta talk cannot, shall not commence without me! :o
Could have fooled me, 
Posted by HS21
@Red12b said:
@Abyssfull said:
For future reference, I am not Ze.   EDIT: Also any U3 beta talk cannot, shall not commence without me! :o
Could have fooled me, 
OK good I'm not the only one. Also there was a time where I confused Red with InfamousBIG. Then he started writing all that gleezle glurp shit... 
 
@Afroman269 said:

I'm down for telling UC3 beta stories. I only played 1 game and I kinda miss the feel of UC2's controls.

How did they change? I haven't played UC2 in a while.  
 
@example1013 said:

Well, I guess I should get in on this UC3 beeta thing.

You should get into swapping Frozen Synapse war stories with me on the next cast is what you should be getting on to. 
Posted by Example1013

@HS21: We can do that. Tell me when. Also, we should use Google+ thing instead of skype, if possible. Skype doesn't like me very much.

Posted by Yummylee
@HS21 said:

 
@Afroman269 said:

I'm down for telling UC3 beta stories. I only played 1 game and I kinda miss the feel of UC2's controls.

How did they change? I haven't played UC2 in a while.  
 

I think he's referring to the slower pace of it all. Least that's what I'd gather, since the actual input controls themselves are a complete mimic from U2.
Posted by Red12b
@HS21:  
 
How do you confuse this 
 
 
with this 
 
Posted by Afroman269

@Abyssfull said:

@HS21 said:
@Afroman269 said:

I'm down for telling UC3 beta stories. I only played 1 game and I kinda miss the feel of UC2's controls.

How did they change? I haven't played UC2 in a while.
I think he's referring to the slower pace of it all. Least that's what I'd gather, since the actual input controls themselves are a complete mimic from U2.

Ya it's the pacing. If feels way more Gears of War like now for me. I prefer the looser controls. I'm going to play some more later because it's too soon to call it but as of right now, I prefer UC2.

Edited by Yummylee
@Afroman269 said:

@Abyssfull said:

@HS21 said:

@Afroman269 said:

I'm down for telling UC3 beta stories. I only played 1 game and I kinda miss the feel of UC2's controls.

How did they change? I haven't played UC2 in a while.
I think he's referring to the slower pace of it all. Least that's what I'd gather, since the actual input controls themselves are a complete mimic from U2.

Ya it's the pacing. If feels way more Gears of War like now for me. I prefer the looser controls. I'm going to play some more later because it's too soon to call it but as of right now, I prefer UC2.

Weirdly enough I'm the opposite. After playing the U3 beta I kinda don't wanna go back to Uncharted 2 for all those months in between for the full release. Though I've also played A-plenty of it (beta) and have hit the maximum level, so I'd had a little more time to be sure :P 
 
I can see the growing resemblance to Gears as well, though I still barely ever stay in cover for Uncharted 3 and I'm mostly on the move. My play-style is still very similar to how I played Uncharted 2, though at now the 'feel' of it all is more weighted, with some much more satisfying weapon feedback too.
Posted by HS21
@Red12b: How can you not? And you two disappear for a few days at a time every few months. 
 
@Abyssfull     : I see. I'll know better for myself when I replay UC 2 (For like, the fifth time) again closer to November. UC 3 totally has the roadie run now though.  
 
@example1013 said:

@HS21: We can do that. Tell me when. Also, we should use Google+ thing instead of skype, if possible. Skype doesn't like me very much.

The heck fire is Google+?
Posted by Example1013

@HS21: It's like facebook, except not. And it also has 10-way video chat, fo' free. It's in beeta, though, so we'd have to all get in.

Posted by HS21
@example1013 said:

@HS21: It's like facebook, except not. And it also has 10-way video chat, fo' free. It's in beeta, though, so we'd have to all get in.

If we could still record it. We've only just now got our shit together, and it only took us 15 episodes and 4 or 5 that we shall never speak of. 
Posted by Hot_Karl

Hi guys!

Posted by Afroman269

@Abyssfull: The feedback on guns is fantastic now. Just not a fan of the weight the character has. I love playing Gears online but I also liked the loose feel of the characters UC2. Like I said before, I just need to play more to see if I can find my groove again.

Posted by HS21
@VinceNotVance said:
Hi guys!
Oh hai. How do the strippers?  
 
@Afroman269 said:

@Abyssfull: The feedback on guns is fantastic now. Just not a fan of the weight the character has. I love playing Gears online but I also liked the loose feel of the characters UC2. Like I said before, I just need to play more to see if I can find my groove again.


Your groove will mean jack shit the day that someone turns into a mess of FUCKING SPIDERS. It's probably already happened by now...two days in.  
Posted by dudeglove

Good intro for once.

Posted by W0lfbl1tzers

It's a party in here.

Posted by HS21
@dudeglove said:

Good intro for once.

15th time's a charm. 
 
@W0lfbl1tzers said:
It's a party in here.
Filled with laughter, to last throughout the year. 
Posted by W0lfbl1tzers
@HS21 said:

 
@W0lfbl1tzers said:
It's a party in here.
Filled with laughter, to last throughout the year. 
And we don't play no fucking Tears for Fears.
Posted by TurboMan

oh, this podcast was released.

Posted by dudeglove

That friggin' Power song goes on way too damn long.

Posted by HS21
@dudeglove said:

That friggin' Power song goes on way too damn long.

Well its the end, everything after that is just bullshit when we've "stopped".