By IncredibleBulk92 3 Comments
As requested by n00bosaurusRex I've figured out how to get valve's official bots to fight in the background of your menu screen. Originally this required the download of some community bots but doing it this way means all you have to do is add a couple of lines to your autoexec.cfg. Unfortunately Valve's bots aren't as good as the community bots and it seems like the bots only work on Viaduct. However I'm sure they'll update the bots at some point and I'll be sure to update my guide soon after that.
- find the TF2 file on your computer, typically it's at C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\*YOUR USERNAME HERE\team fortress 2/tf/cfg
- then right click > new > notepad, name the file "autoexec.cfg if it's not already there
Once that's done copy and paste the following code into the file
save the file and boot up Team Fortress. Job done
//BOTMATCH BACKGROUNDsv_cheats 1cl_drawhud 0map_background koth_viaductwait 1000; tf_bot_add 30
Things to remember
- Using this code will increaase the initial load time of TF2, that's because the game has to load the level when it opens. It will not affect performance negatively when you join a server
- You can change the number of bots in the match if you like, just change the number in the last line. I use 30 feel free to drop it or raise it as you please.
- DO NOT change the wait time. This will cause the bots to fail to appear, don't ask my why, I have no idea.
- This script only seems to work on koth_viaduct at the moment, and the bots don't seem to understand the map too well. If anybody has any idea how to get the bots out of the bases on the other koth areas then please drop me a PM. I'm particularly interested in Nucleus.
- It's possible to customise the number of bots you have spawn and which teams they appear on using some of the information in these links. Each type of bot you add should be separated by a ; and you should never press Enter. Have a look at my other post for a slightly better explanation Bare in mind that the bots seem to be able to switch class so your Soldier vs Demo background may have to wait.