By Jimbo_N 2 Comments
Here´s short but sweet interview with Swedens best gaming journalist and a personal role model and house god of mine. This guy has written the best reviews in Swedens history and is now an uppedi up on 2 print magazines AND a website.
And here´s my translation for you non Swedish speaking people! I skipped one question that is of no interest to anyone.
First and foremost, wich is your favorite game of all time?
- Thanks for asking! The obvious choice is of course Grim Fandango, an adventuregame from 98 that had everything you could possibly want: a vacationsalesman that sells tickets to the Kingdom of the dead, paper art skeletons, hopeless love and cold but not definitive death. From the genious Tim Schafer. You kids will see the circle close this year when his Brütal Legend is released.
When did you start writing about games and is it still as fun ?
- I got my first text published in the revered magazine (swedish) PC Gamer in July of 98 and it was a dream coming true for me. It was the first thing i did in the industry. Looking back on the reviews they really sucked (Team Apache and Industry Giant) but I´ve never been more proud. These days I dont have the time to write much at all. Budgets, strategywork and planning is my work now!
Wich is your personal favorite interview/article/review ?
- Hard! You know, the really early stuff are the texts that sticks in my mind as the texts you were most proud of when they were published, or when you got that exclusive scoop or review. But comparing it to some of my later works they dont hold the same class at all. I´ll have to get back to you on that question when I´ve gone through some old PC Gamer´s, Reset´s, level´s and Super Play´s (swedish print magazines)
Wich game are you most looking forward to this year ?
- I´m torn between Dragon Age, Brütal Legend and Alan Wake. But what the hell, ill say Alan Wake. If it finally decied to show up.
Last but not least, can you rocket jump ?
- Nope, never been able to, other than really sporadic. I´m pretty sloppy at mulriplayer shooters overall except for maybe Unreal Tournament and Battlefield. But I´m a real pro and circular motions under heavy artilleryfire. Super Pro !
interview was originally written by Calle Johansson @ www.FZ.se