By Mercanis 6 Comments
This is an update to an older post.
A new version of the Xbox 360 Controller Emulator is available. This allows Logitech controllers to be recognized as Xbox controllers when playing Games for Windows games. The new version may be found here:
This version now works with Red Faction: Guerrilla (which I've tested) and Trine (which I've not). These games require a few additional steps:
- In the Red Faction folder where rfg.exe is located, copy the emulator's DLL and INI file.
- Open the INI file using an editor.
- Change FakeAPI=0 to FakeAPI=1.
- Change VID=0x0 and PID=0x0 to their respective values.
- Open the Device Manager, which may be found in the Control Panel.
- Under Human Interface Devices, open the Properties of the HID-compliant game controller and go to the Details tab.
- From the drop-down menu, select Hardware Ids.
- One of the entries should contain the VID and PID values you need.
For example, the entry on my computer reads "HID\VID_046D&PID_C216". These values are then copied to emulator's INI file as VID=0x046D and PID=0xC216.
All that's left to do is run Red Faction and enjoy.