Generation 1 Pokemon (Mostly) Complete

I've just finished creating all but one (Dragonair currently has no pic, and thus no entry) of the first gen pokemon (excluding the 55 or so someone else already created) as individual concepts and it only took me two weeks (off and on, of course). The images alone took me three days to modify (who wants the same old white/grey background? You can get those anywhere so I added a neat little pokeball) and because I'm working in Ubuntu Linux, my web browser won't seem to upload them; which meant I had to upload them all in Windows then spend the time until now creating actual pages for them.

Wooper is not a Blastoise screenshot... not that Blastoise's gallery knows that
Next up will be finding related images for each pokemon and linking them from the games they are in to the specific pokemon they display - already did that for the first 30 or so pokemon and I'm finding out interesting things about how this site works - like how a concept has to have a specific gallery in order to link a picture to it - annoying when I had to create a "character pics" gallery, then link screenshots to that gallery, then move the screenshots to their own gallery. I messed up on the first one (Blastoise currently has a whooper as the pic for the screenshot), not realizing I couldn't edit the pic afterwords - Iive and learn, I guess.

I'm compiling little blurbs for each of the pokemon too, posting them as they get done and I figured how long it would take if only I did this: 450 pokemon at 30 minutes per (some take longer) is about 225 hours. If I do 2 hours a day religiously every day (yeah, right) it'll take 113 days, or up to December. If I spend an average of 5 hours a week (which is more reasonable - half-hour here, 45 minutes there) it'll take until June of next year - yeah, that's what I thought too...

So, unless someone else gets the pokemon bug, I've got something to wile away the hours for a whole year!

Looks like I'll never be bored again...

^_^
1 Comments
1 Comments Refresh
Posted by momoko

I've just finished creating all but one (Dragonair currently has no pic, and thus no entry) of the first gen pokemon (excluding the 55 or so someone else already created) as individual concepts and it only took me two weeks (off and on, of course). The images alone took me three days to modify (who wants the same old white/grey background? You can get those anywhere so I added a neat little pokeball) and because I'm working in Ubuntu Linux, my web browser won't seem to upload them; which meant I had to upload them all in Windows then spend the time until now creating actual pages for them.

Wooper is not a Blastoise screenshot... not that Blastoise's gallery knows that
Next up will be finding related images for each pokemon and linking them from the games they are in to the specific pokemon they display - already did that for the first 30 or so pokemon and I'm finding out interesting things about how this site works - like how a concept has to have a specific gallery in order to link a picture to it - annoying when I had to create a "character pics" gallery, then link screenshots to that gallery, then move the screenshots to their own gallery. I messed up on the first one (Blastoise currently has a whooper as the pic for the screenshot), not realizing I couldn't edit the pic afterwords - Iive and learn, I guess.

I'm compiling little blurbs for each of the pokemon too, posting them as they get done and I figured how long it would take if only I did this: 450 pokemon at 30 minutes per (some take longer) is about 225 hours. If I do 2 hours a day religiously every day (yeah, right) it'll take 113 days, or up to December. If I spend an average of 5 hours a week (which is more reasonable - half-hour here, 45 minutes there) it'll take until June of next year - yeah, that's what I thought too...

So, unless someone else gets the pokemon bug, I've got something to wile away the hours for a whole year!

Looks like I'll never be bored again...

^_^