I'm hoping the GB community can help me out here. I'm getting a new tv this year (somewhere between October and November) and I'm not sure what televisions are good and which are not. I've NEVER purchased a tv. I've had two tvs my entire life: a 19" Hitachi from the early 90's or late 80's and a 27" given to me by my sister from 1999 (can't remember the brand). So yeah, I don't really know much about what I'm looking at. Here's what I'm looking for in a new TV:
- Budget: $550 ($600 max)
- Size: 32" - 42"
- Resolution: 1080p
- Connections: (must have) HDMI, Composite (next few would be nice) Multiple HDMI, Multiple Composite, DVI, Multiple DVI
In case this influences any advice and recommendations you have, this is what I plan to do with it:
- Xbox 360 hooked up via HDMI
- I have a Wii, PS2, and DVD player that are all composite hookups. Currently using an A/V switch to change inputs on my current TV.
- Will eventually upgrade to a Blu-Ray player (which may or may not be a PS3)
- Will eventually upgrade to a 5.1 Surround Sound system.
- Watches lots of Netflix (I hear some TVs have internet capability in them?)
- Does not ever plan to hook the tv up to cable or satellite (netflix/hulu plan for me!)
- I'm not too great at messing with the settings to get a good picture; I almost always use the presets.
Thanks in advance for any advice and recommendations :)