By NovidAnon 1 Comments
Here are the games I'm planning to get (I already have Valkria)
- Super Street Fighter 4 (It was announced really quickly)
- UFC 2009 (Yukes should stick with Dana's Boys)
- GT5 (Come on, I know it will not have the firebird until DLC time but hey - DAMAGE - and not the sucky kind and not "The Player should had died Burnout damage)
- BlazBlue (Whatever new version coming out)
- Star Ocean 4 International (PS3) (Ok, This is the Enterprise version of the franchise and some say it got worse after a certain point - but Im a completist)
- DMC4 (duh)
- Blitz The League (liked the first game)
- NBA The Show (Sony has gotten better with the Baseball Game and the Basketball game is damn close)
- Uncharted 1 and 2
- Heavenly Sword
- Folklore (Wanted to buy it because of the Japanese advert way back when)
- Ratchet and Clank (And the PSP version)
- Midnight Club LA (Played the other versions)
- Yakuza 3 (Better than GTA4 ever was)
- GTA4 (when they have all of the DLC the 360 has)
- Soul Caliber 4
- Other games such as White Knight Chronicles 1, Tekken 6, God of War Three etc
On the PSP side:
- GTP (60 Frames, 800 cars and I hear you transfer data from there to GT5! What's not to like)
- MGS Peace Walker: When Naked Snake becomes the bad guy.
- Valkria 2 (when ever its ready)
- That Bancho game what ever its called
- Holy Badman (Dead Penguins are the new Cool Cats)
- Patapon (UK Version)
- Soul Caliber Broken Destiny (and sadly we cannot take Kratos to 4)
- Persona and Persona 3 (the first game back in 96 was done in the Dawson's Creek style - in someways it made it more authentic and in other-ways it fell flat)
- Other such games from Level 5, that will take years to translate...
That will take awhile for the PS3 side to get to 25 games (I have 30 something on the PS2 side) and more than I have for any version of the Gameboy on the PSP side (I have 15 now to add GTP later) Im gonna have to keep them in a safe place nobody will find them if you believe the conspiracies out on the net...
As for the WII... What did i tell yall? Its a damn mess I hear. Some choice info:
System Menu 4.2 seems to be bricking non-HBCed Wiis. It doesn't matter whether you've ever installed the Homebrew Channel or hacked your Wii, people who have never even heard of HBC are having these issues.
The problem appears to lie with an incredibly shoddily programmed update to boot2 of the Wii. boot2 is basically the area that "starts up" the Wii. According to the people who have developed HBC, the code for Nintendo's updated boot2 is prone to making write errors, therefore making the possibility of bricking your Wii extremely high, whether or not you have ever hacked or modified your Wii.
Here some more:
Now im not the greatest Computer Wiz out there, but when a thing need to "Start Up" said system - to prevent homebrew or pirates, fails because the homebrewers realized that thing used to start the system is "fucked already and we don't even touch it" - and then for that same company to go and fix a problem that isnt the cause of the issue - and have it mess up non - HBC systems reeks of very bad planning. There are more complicated issues with this and you should check (not that I condone this) the many boards and forums that deal with such things.
The really simple version is that ECC is extra bits that can be used to get a good, error-free read even if some of the data is errored somehow.
All forms of storage—Flash, disk, whatever—have a certain tolerable amount of errors. Makes them cheaper since they don't have to junk so much in manufacturing. Using various strategies like bad block remapping and ECC, they then present a certain amount of reliable storage to the rest of the system.
As I understand it, the Nintendo update code wasn't doing ECC properly. So if your boot2 area had errors, the update was more likely to fail than with code that did write out the ECC bits properly. So, if there was some problem reading that area back, boot2 would come back corrupted.
Its proves a point I have. Ninty had us, but they didn't get us. Sony has recovered (50,000 for 4 weeks straight is still nothing to sneeze at in Japan) 360 has lower prices and is setting up Jasper (a bit too late though). This should be news right now - but give it 2 weeks - the media is always late on these things.
But why in gods name Ninty would create a boot up system that bricks the system during an update. They had over 30 - 50 some updates during the Wii's life span with no problems. As soon as they see a chance to hurt the sons of bitch pirates... they cant even do that right.
So folks, you mean to tell me your girlfriends bought a system with 7 year old tech - for 261 bucks (ecomany of scale folks), sells 2.5 million during the bubble and now some of those wii's have the chance to brick?
Sounds like a bad investment to me. Not unlike how the media makes a mockery of your GF's.
But then again, maybe they will get it and realize Bayonetta and games like it wern't the bad boys or girls of Video Games.
Maybe the bad boys, acted like the good guys - in order to save something they lost over the decade. Maybe Endgame was always right about the Wii and we are just getting to the truth.
More later, with why I hate the Pirates - and why the Go should have waited a little "while" longer.